Sunday, June 12, 2011
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan My rating: 5 of 5 stars Synopsis: After getting expelled from yet another school for yet another clash with mythological monsters only he can see, twelve-year-old Percy Jackson is taken to Camp Half-Blood, where he finally learns the truth about his unique abilities: He is a demigod, half human, half immortal. Even more stunning: His father is the Greek god Poseidon, ruler of the sea, making Percy one of the most powerful demigods alive. There's little time to process this news. All too soon, a cryptic prophecy from the Oracle sends Percy on his first quest, a mission to the Underworld to prevent a war among the gods of Olympus. Genres: Fantasy, Fiction, Mythology, Adventure Review: I just loved this book!!!. It was gripping from literally the first page. The idea is totally clever and original, with plot twists and surprises that make you never want to put this book down. It's well written, and reading from the protagonist Percy's POV(point of view) is totally fun. It's hard not to fall in love with Percy and the world that Rick Riordan has so masterfully created and crafted. You also learn about Greek Mythology along the way. Very fun and enjoyable by all pre-teens, teenagers and even adults alike. Content: Clean

3 comments:

  1. I love that book! Can't wait for the Son of Neptune!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? It'll be really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can still remember the first time I read this book. I thought I had a hard time putting it down.. the next thing I knew.. I'm done with the series.

    ReplyDelete

Heyo! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my awesome-sauce blog readers. You just made my day! I try to reply to every comment I get so if you have a question check back later! Or just link me up to your blog (if you have one) and I'll visit you! Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! <333 Inky

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

Total Pageviews