Sunday, May 15, 2011
Before You Meet Prince Charming: A Guide to Radiant PurityBefore You Meet Prince Charming: A Guide to Radiant Purity by Sarah Mally

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis: This guide to radiant purity combines the thoughts and events in the life of a young princess with solid, clear teaching of Biblical convictions that young ladies today need to grasp. Through a captivating fairy tale, modern day examples, practical instruction and abundant humor, Sarah Mally challenges young ladies to turn to the Lord for fulfillment, to guard their hearts and minds, to identify and avoid the world's thinking and to shine brightly in this generation.

Genres: Teen, Religious

Review: This was a wonderful book! Sarah Mally, is trying to address how instead of getting yourself immersed in boys and dreaming about your own "happily ever after" romance, you could be using your time as the Lord would want you to. It talks about how you should wait upon the Lord and he will bring your and your Prince Charming together when HE is ready. Not You. It is full of amazing suggestions, ideas, and scriptures, and lots more! to help illustrate her point, she has a princess theme going and at the beginning of each chapter you read part of a princess story. Altogether this is an amazing book for all Teenage girls 12 and up. I Loved this book, although there were some points I did not agree on, based on my beliefs. However this book is very good and I do really enjoy it.

5 comments:

  1. Just wondering, what points did you not agree on? Just wanted to know since I have also read this book.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think most of the things that she suggests are wonderful. But I think possibly that NO Dating. Like in my church we can date at 16 but not single dates. We think group dates are fine and for the purpose of developing friendships. So the whole "NO DATING." I didn't exactly agree on. I think it's fine to group date with other good friends and that when I'm really ready to get married then I can possibly start single dating. I think that's the main point.

    Love this book. Tons of great ideas.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I understand now. I disagree with you on that point. I am not going to go the dating way at all. My family was looking taking the courtship approach, but now we see that betrothal is the form showed in the bible, and is still a reasonable option today. I have been hoping to do a blog post about this a while ago. Hopefully I can finish it and post it soon.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was back in CA to have this conversation with you face-to-face. Feel free to email me, I do better with that than with written letters.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally get the no dating thing. I understand completely. I wish you were here to. I would love to keep up an emailing contact. :D I shall email you. Thanks for sharing your opinion. I really like hearing what other people believe and have good discussions.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Heyo! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my awesome-sauce blog readers. You just made my day! I try to reply to every comment I get so if you have a question check back later! Or just link me up to your blog (if you have one) and I'll visit you! Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! <333 Inky

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

Total Pageviews