Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Author: Rachel Carter
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: 7. 10. 12
Pages: 313

Lydia Bentley has heard stories about the Montauk Project all her life: stories about the strange things that took place at the abandoned military base near her home and the people who've disappeared over the years. Stories about people like her own great-grandfather. When Lydia stumbles into a portal that transports her to a dangerous and strange new reality, she discovers that all the stories she's ever heard about the Montauk Project are true, and that she's in the middle of one of the most dangerous experiments in history. Alongside a darkly mysterious boy she is wary to trust, Lydia begins to unravel the secrets surrounding the Project. But the truths behind these secrets force her to question all her choices--and if Lydia chooses wrong, she might not save her family but destroy them . . . and herself.
Inky's Blurbings
I was really excited to be able to get an ARC of this book as a part of the Debut Author Challenge ARC Tours! They are really fun and always have great books for spotlighting! Thanks to Lisa for arranging this! Anyway, I didn't know a whole lot about this book when I got into it, other than that it had a Supernatural/Time-Travel aspect. But I found I liked what I did find.

Rachel's writing was really easy to follow. There were times I maybe felt a little bit confused, but I did basically read this book in a few hours so I probably skimmed a bit. I liked Lydia's character. I felt she was pretty easy to connect to in this story. The side characters were interested and some I didn't like as much. But ya know, opposition in all things.

Wes was awesome. I really like him, not only for his looks but his character. I can't wait to get to know more about him in the next book! He seems amazing! Honestly though I felt like it took a while for the romance to get really connected and the characters to get to know each other well. It was at least halfway through the book before it happened! Oh well, it was pretty good by the end.

This book did feel a little short and it left off on quite a cliff-hanger so I'm interested to see where the will take this book! I would recommend it to those who like a bit of a supernatural book or time travel and some nice romance. Very easy to enjoy.

Content: Mild/Moderate [Teen drinking, innuendo Language (S***-1, D***-2. He**-2, Deity a few times) Kissing ]

P.S. Guys, don't you love my new formatting? Credits and Thanks to Kathryn @ Clean Teen Fiction for the tips and HTML codes! You rock Kathryn!
















This review is 100% from Inky's brain. Use of review w/out consent is prohibited.

1 comment:

  1. Woot woot! The formatting looks awesome! I love the blue. The add to goodreads link is so helpful too. :) This book looks good!

    Kathryn @ Clean Teen Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Heyo! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my awesome-sauce blog readers. You just made my day! I try to reply to every comment I get so if you have a question check back later! Or just link me up to your blog (if you have one) and I'll visit you! Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! <333 Inky

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews