Saturday, December 7, 2013









Hey guys!!! So, today I'm doing something a little different. My Nator Twin Jessi has begun a new meme on her blog called Life of a Blogger, discussing aspects of our lives outside of books! Today's topic is Your Career, and since I've been thinking a lot about that lately, I thought it would be fun to do a post about it!

In The Present:

Because I have a high school student, and a minor I don't really have much of a job yet. I have done quite a bit of babysitting for the past four years that was my main source of income. I still do that, and have a few families I love, but recently I took on the venture of teaching beginner piano lessons. I have 5 weekly students with a couple sets of siblings who I teach. This is a lot more stable than the occasional babysitting, and it's a very interesting experience for me! Espescially dealing with the business aspect, since I do it myself.

If I did get a job outside of these, I have two that I really want to try and apply for next year since I am old enough now to do so. First, I'd love to work as a tour guide at the Winchester Mystery House, which is down the street from me and would be the FUNNEST JOB EVER. It's such a crazy and cool house, and it would match my love of history so much!! Plus, they hire minors! For tours? I hope so!

My second teen dream job would be this adorable indie book store also somewhat close that I LOVE called Hicklebee's(Mentioned it in THIS post!). I've been there a few times for events and just to shop with my friends. It's so funky and it's run by these sweet older ladies who love books. Plus it's an awesome bookstore. Um HELLO.

In The Future..

Being a junior in High School, a lot of thought has gone into what I want to do in the future, and while I've always wanted to be an author, but lately that tune has changed just a tad. For a while I opened up to more aspects of publishing, such as becoming a Literary Agent, Editor or even Marketor. All would be so fun and encompass my love of books and interest in the publishing industry that I'd developed because of my blogging. Who wouldn't want to work with books all the time?

And while I still want to be published some day, I've come the conclusion that I want to pursue Editting as a career. I love to discuss and analyze books and think from a writer perspective what I can do with that. It's been interesting to beta read for others and really think about how to make books better, including in my own writing. It's FUN for me and I would love to be able to join a publishing company as an editor for YA. Since being in New York City I can totally picture myself in one of those huge publishing offices on the island. HOLLA! I'm currently doing research into the kinds of things needed for these job so we'll see where I end up!

***************************************************************************
So that's me!! what about you? Thanks to Jessi for the fun meme to do! Happy Weekend! XOXO,

0 comments:

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

Total Pageviews