Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Welcome to my WOW, or HOW as I like to call it where I feature an upcoming release that I'm hyperventilating for! It's totally fun to geek out about upcoming releases! This event is hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine. Today's awesome-sauce pick is....

Marie Antoinnette, Serial Killer
by Katie Alender
TBPublished: 9.24.13

Colette Iselin is excited to go to Paris on a class trip. She’ll get to soak up the beauty and culture, and maybe even learn something about her family’s French roots.

But a series of gruesome murders are taking place across the city, putting everyone on edge. And as she tours museums and palaces, Colette keeps seeing a strange vision: a pale woman in a ball gown and powdered wig, who looks suspiciously like Marie Antoinette.

Colette knows her popular, status-obsessed friends won’t believe her, so she seeks out the help of a charming French boy. Together, they uncover a shocking secret involving a dark, hidden history. When Colette realizes she herself may hold the key to the mystery, her own life is suddenly in danger . . .

Why I'm Waiting:
So my first reaction to this book was...um, WEE-ERD.  But then later, when I was in this mode for thrillers, and this book would just not leave, I took another look and this time my historical side won. And now in my excitement for weirdly creepy books and historicalness, I can't wait for this book to release in a couple months. Not to mention the cover is a stunningly creepy as well. Oh, and French boys? Oui!
What are you waiting on this week?
Link me up! 


0 comments:

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

Total Pageviews