Saturday, August 11, 2012
It is a truth universally acknowledged that I LURV historical intrigue. Plus Venice? *squeak* And yet, I found quite a big problem going into the novel. I KNEW HALF THE STINKIN PREMISE. (which is why you might now want to read the synopsis..)
I hate, hate, hate, summaries that do that.
I mean I was pretty much predicting -no, cut that I KNEW- what was happening and what was going to happen for about the first 1/3-1/2 of the novel. Um, sadness? And then not to mention it still started slow. Laura wasn't the most interesting character at the beginning and because I knew what to expect, it lost most the excitement surrounding the intrigue.
Luckily, the book began to redeem itself around halfway mark, (the synopsis was finished so things took new twists (YAY)) and the romance began. Giacomo was like a breath of fresh air. Ack. He's awesome. I think the relationship was fairly well developed. They got to know each other pretty well, though I wish there had been more space in the book for that. This book isn't even 300 pages. When I pick up a book that size, I have my doubts. But it was still well delivered.
The Venice that is portrayed was beautiful. I really have to give it so Sasha for her lush descriptions and portrayals. It was really great without being to little or to much description. So did I like it? Yeah I did. Not at first, but it redeemed itself to a nice read. By the end I enjoyed it, but still about a 3.5 rating.
(Language: Quite a bit ofDeity related phrases, a couple Da**s and He**s. A few moments of innuendo, kissing scenes)
Have you read Cross My Heart? What did you think? Let me know! TNT,
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- On Tour w/Painted Blind: Review & Giveaway
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Splintered
- Awesome-Sauce Followers Giveaway! (INT)
- Review: Forgotten
- Giveaways Galore.......
- On Tour w/Inbetween: Blurb & Giveaway
- On Tour w/Fractured Light: Review + Giveaway
- Cover Dazed: Timless Special
- On Tour w/My Super Sweet 16th Century: Interview +...
- "Hyperventilating" on Renegade
- ARC Review: Speechless
- Review: Incarnate
- Cover Dazed: See It & Love It
- Review: Grave Mercy
- Get Your Flirt On!
- Hyperventilating on Friday Societies
- Review: Raised by Wolves
- Book Haul of AWESEOMNESS
- Review: Cross My Heart
- On Blitz w/Morrigan: Cover Reveal + Excerpt + Give...
- "Hyperventilating" on Dolls....?
- HOPping w/YA Goodness! (giveaway)
- Review: Secret Letters
- I'm Back + Random Reads August Edition
- ▼ August (24)