Monday, February 6, 2012

Entwined by Heather Dixon

Summary: Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it. The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation. Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest. But there is a cost. The Keeper likes to "keep" things. Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.

Rating: 5 Stars

Genres: YA, Romance, Fairy-Tale, Retelling, Fantasy

Rad Review: Okay, I absolutely adored this book. So much that I sat on my chair all afternoon after I got it, reading for a couple hours straight. So good! I've heard people say it wasn't that different from the original tale. That's okay! For me, I just want a really well done story with it's own twists and unique points to make it it's own book. That's what this book it. 

The characters are amazing. Lovable. You follow them well. You really get into them all. It's amazing the way they are developed so that you love them. Azalea-the main protagonist- hooks you almost instantly. She is so lovable and a very unique character. All her sisters were charming and fun. I think Bramble is my second fav. :D  Mr. Bradford you pretty much instantly fall in love with. He is the main romance and he sweeps you away. I love the twists with him. *swoons* Keeper was absolutely fantastic! one of the best villains I have ever read about. He is freakishly awesome. They all are amazing with their weaknesses and all. 

 The development of the society, customs, royal family, magic...all amazing. And at the grand finale when they have to defeat the villain, it is extremely gripping. You CAN NOT stop. You are stuck to your chair, heedless of anything else around you. You do not break until you finish. And it's just amazing. I love the magic. The magic is timeless and creative. I've never seen anything like it it. The little twists that make this book amazing are so cool. You'll be like yahda-yahda...WHAT?! It's totally great. 



Content: Clean Read!

Source: Library


Buy It!: @Amazon, @Barnes & Nobles @Deseret Book

This book is an amazing blend of fairy-tale, family crisis, magic, romance, love, and dancing. It is a must read. One you will never regret reading. Plus the cover is so beautiful! 

0 comments:

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews