Sunday, February 5, 2012

Torrent By Lisa T. Bergren

Summary: Gabi and Lia Betarrini have learned to control their time travel, and they return from medieval Italy to save their father from his tragic death in modern times.   But love calls across the centuries, and the girls are determined to return forever—even though they know the Black Plague is advancing across Europe, claiming the lives of one-third of the population. In the suspenseful conclusion of the River of Time series, every decision is about life … and death.  

Rating: 5 Stars

Genres: YA, Time Travel, Adventure, Historical, Romance, 

Review: GO SHE-WOLVES! EEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! This book was SOOOOO Good. I loved every minute. Such A Fabulous Ending to an AMAZING and UNFORGETTABLE series.  (If this isn't enough to convince you to go get these books ASAP, I don't know what is. :D)

I honestly have only one thing that I would change about this book. Give me more ending wrap-up. Because you've had it pounded into you in the first two books that the villains are quite evil and have a lot of control. Big good vs. Evil battle. yah-da-yah. Okay then the climax. Honestly that part was a little bit confusing. I'll not say how, but it was on certain points. Then there are maybe 5-10 pages till it ends and that doesn't even take up much time after that. All in all, that's the only thing I'd change. Everything else was fabulous. 

The characters as always...BRILLIANT! Of course they had their moments of dislike, but that's a good sign. This book was an incredible journey.

Now a moment for my ravings please:

Marcello, I love you. Gabi is SO lucky. 
Luca, You rock. Lia needs to get a grip on what she's got. 
Lord Greco, you were pretty cool, but I'm still not sure what I make of you. 
Mom&Dad Betarini keep it up. 
Lia, you GO girl. :D Keep shooting for the sky. Don't lose Luca or you might regret it.
GABI, I can honestly say I will miss your POV. Go Live your Dream. Your Life w/Marcello. 
*pinch* I'm a little jealous. *pinch*pinch* Okay a lot. 
EEEP I CAN NOT WAIT for Tributary (whenever it comes out). I MEAN EPICNESS! And w/ Lia's POV! NO WAY. 

Alright. I'm finished.

Content: Mild-Moderate, But still Clean! (Highlight in the ( ) marks)
Sexual: (some kissing, a bit passionate, NOTHING inappropriate happens. two characters married, very lift description of the intimacy they have. NOTHING graphic. Very clean and.."yummy")
Violence: Comparable to Waterfall and Cascade. 

Source: Gift Received.


I repeat, if this isn't enough to convince you to get these books, I don't know what is.

0 comments:

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews