Monday, February 6, 2012

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Summary: In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . . Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy. Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

Rating: 5 Stars

Genres: YA, Romance, Paranormal, 

Rad Review: This book was so...beautiful! I absolutely adored it. The story was a very new take on Angels in the Paranormal genre, yeah! I feel like there are to many that deal with "fallen angels". Sure it's interesting but those books are always so...DARK. And I dunno, never been a huge fan of that dark stuff. I tried Hush Hush and that didn't work for me. 

But anyway, Unearthly was a completely new twist. The little things that make up this book, like her carrot-red hair for example, LOVE IT! Cynthia Hand, not to mention, wrote this book so well you DO NOT WANT TO PUT IT DOWN. It totally happened to me. Insomuch that I finished it the day I started it. Practically. :D 

Now the love triangle was good. By the end I changed sides. The family turmoil was beautiful, real and a huge part of these books. This book will hook you. For sure. It's so good and I remember feeling like I needed Hallowed once I finished it. You will to.

Content: Clean-Mild
Language: 3 mild instances

Source: Bought



This was one book I loved, and I'm sure you will to, so check out Unearthly by Cynthia Hand! Hallowed, the sequel is out now, but beware they might leave you aching for book 3...

0 comments:

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews