Saturday, December 15, 2012
Hey Hey Hey! It's Saturday! And with that comes a very special event! It's another epic author interview for THE BEST of 2012. Woot! And this one lady's book is very dear to my heart as of late.....Welcome to Fiona Paul, author of Venom. *cue applause*
ABOUT FIONA, HERSELF
Fiona Paul lives in the Midwest but travels a lot since she can't breathe if she spends too much time away from the ocean. She graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a major in psychology and spent a year teaching English in Seoul, Korea while she was deciding what she wanted to be when she grew up. Answer: everything. In addition to being a teacher and writer, she's also worked as a saute cook, sporting goods manager, veterinary assistant, and registered nurse. When she's not working, you can usually find her kayaking, reading, or helping turtles cross the road. Her future goals include diving with great white sharks and writing more books, not necessarily in that order. Venom is her first novel.
Published: 10.30.12 by Philomel
GOODREADS - MY REVIEW - PURCHASE
Cassandra Caravello is one of Renaissance Venice’s lucky elite: with elegant gowns, sparkling jewels, her own lady’s maid, and a wealthy fiancé, she has everything a girl could desire. Yet ever since her parents’ death, Cassandra has felt trapped, alone in a city of water, where the dark and labyrinthine canals whisper of escape.
When Cass stumbles upon a murdered woman—practically in her own backyard—she’s drawn into a dangerous world of courtesans, killers, and secret societies. Soon, she finds herself falling for Falco, a mysterious artist with a mischievous grin... and a spectacular skill for trouble. Can Cassandra find the murderer, before he finds her? And will she stay true to her fiancé, or succumb to her uncontrollable feelings for Falco? Beauty, love, romance, and mystery weave together in a stunning novel that’s as seductive and surprising as the city of Venice itself.
Thanks so much for joining me Fiona!
Wasn't she awesome? Make sure you all say hi to her and send her fun tweets! She's so fun to talk too! :D And for those of you who are still hoping to read Venom, NEVER FEAR. For at this very moment...you can find Venom on the list of books you could win in the GIVEAWAY OF EPIC PROPORTIONS. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! XOXO,
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- Best of 2012 Guest Blogger: Megan @ The Book Babe
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Jessica Souders
- Review: Renegade
- ARC Review: Splintered
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Janette Rallison
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: The New Years Edi...
- Christmas Wishes from Inky & Special Guest
- Review: North Pole High
- Best of 2012 Guest Blogger: Jessi @ Auntie Spinell...
- Book Haul: 12/13/12 - The EDITED Version!!
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Rachel Harris + Giv...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Between the Devil...
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Ilsa J.Bick
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Bethany Wiggins + G...
- Middle Grade Monday: Eyes of the Desert Sand
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Fiona Paul
- Cover Reveal: Timepsell by Diana Paz
- On the 5th Day of Magic.....You All Go Spellbound
- Review: The Catastrophic History of You And Me
- Best of 2012 Guest Blogger: Eileen @ Singing & Rea...
- Book Blitz: Snow White Sorrow -> Excerpt+Deals+Giv...
- Blook Blast: The Jelly Bean Crisis + $100 Giveawa...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Snow White Sorrow...
- Best of 2012 Interview: Author Marissa Meyer!
- Novel Thoughts Week #3: Book Peeves
- Book Haul - 12/8/12 - Lots of Epic
- BEWARE...the Apocalypse is coming...
- Best of 2012: Guest Blogger Lisseth @ Read-A-Holic...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Belladonna
- Best of 2012 Interview: C. J. REDWINE!
- Best of 2012 Interview: Cat Patrick
- Book Blast: After Dark --> $50 GC Giveaway
- THE BEST OF 2012 (Inky-Style) KICK-OFF + Giveaway!...
- Book Blast: Surrender --> $100 GC Giveaway
- Book Haul: 12-2-12 + Random Reads
- ▼ December (35)