Tuesday, December 4, 2012
C.J. Redwine loves stilettos, lemon bars, any movie starring Johnny Depp, and books. C.J. holds a degree in English Literature from Pepperdine University and now lives in Nashville, Tennessee with her husband, four kids, two spastic cats, and one long-suffering dog.Meet C. J. REDWINE...
GOODREADS / BLOG / TWITTER / PINTEREST
Within the walls of Baalboden, beneath the shadow of the city's brutal leader, Rachel Adams has a secret. While other girls sew dresses and obey their male Protectors, Rachel knows how to survive in the wilderness and deftly wield a sword. When her father, Jared, fails to return from a courier mission and is declared dead, the Commander assigns Rachel a new Protector, her father's apprentice, Logan--the same boy Rachel declared her love for two years ago, and the same one who handed her heart right back to her. Left with nothing but a fierce belief in her father's survival, Rachel decides to escape and find him herself. But treason against the Commander carries a heavy price, and what awaits her in the Wasteland could destroy her.ABOUT HER BOOK...
At nineteen, Logan McEntire is many things. Orphan. Outcast. Inventor. As apprentice to the city's top courier, Logan is focused on learning his trade so he can escape the tyranny of Baalboden. But his plan never included being responsible for his mentor's impulsive daughter. Logan is determined to protect her, but when his escape plan goes wrong and Rachel pays the price, he realizes he has more at stake than disappointing Jared. As Rachel and Logan battle their way through the Wasteland, stalked by a monster that can't be killed and an army of assassins out for blood, they discover romance, heartbreak, and a truth that will incite a war decades in the making.
What made you want to become a writer?
I've been writing stories since I was in second grade. I finished reading THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE and realized that telling stories was someone's job. I sat down and wrote my first fairy tale, and I haven't looked back since.
Hardest part of the writing process for you?
The beginnings! I've yet to write a novel in which I didn't have to re-write the beginning at least six times. :)
Most important thing for you in a strong Love Interest?
I think if a hero and heroine are meant to be romantically involved, they should each bring something to the relationship that the other one needs. For example, Rachel brings a sense of being very in touch with her emotions and very open to following them, something Logan doesn't know how to do. And Logan brings a sense of cautious, logical planning and long-term thinking that Rachel, with her impulsive actions, can learn from. But above all else, I think a hero and heroine in a romantic relationship must fully respect each other.
You're stranded on a desert island with one book. What is it?
Oh, man. What a hard question! Ok ... I'll say Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows simply because I've been meaning to re-read it.
What is your favorite kind of scene to write?
Action! I love to bring a fight scene to life on the page.
What is the best piece of advice you could give to an aspiring author?
Keep writing and don't pay too much attention to the publishing journeys of others. Each of us reaches our goals a bit differently, and comparisons are the best way to kill creativity.
What is one of the first things you do to get your know your character a little more?
I spend a lot of quiet time just wandering around inside a character's head. It's not uncommon for me to be driving in my car holding a conversation from the perspective of that character. I let my face move like theirs, let my voice sound like theirs--I probably look like a crazy woman to others, but it helps me to fully understand how that character thinks, moves, and acts.
Would you say that Logan or Rachel's perspective was funner to write?
Logan's was more fun, even though I had to work harder for it. He's so scientific and logical, and I'm so not!
Is there anything you hope your readers will get out of your books?
I hope they will see that hope is worth fighting for, and that even the most broken among us can find healing. Also, I hope they enjoy hot boys with swords and kissing.
Any hints at what we can expect in the sequel to Defiance?
A second enemy! Another city-state! More kissing!!!!
M&Ms or Skittles? Skittles
Root Beer Floats or Ice Cream Sundaes?
Book or Movie Adaption? I'm super picky about my movie adaptations.
Thor or Captain America? I mean ... have you seen his arms? THOR
Blonde or Brunette? Red head!
Mess or Organization?
Donuts or Bagels? Panera Bread's Cinnamon Crunch bagel. YUM.
Cursed Ones or Commanders? I'd rather have 40,000 Cursed Ones than be in the same room as the Commander.
Seriously you guys. WASN'T THAT LIKE THE MOST EPIC INTERVIEW?! Thanks so much to C.J. for agreeing too it! :D Don't forget about the GIVEAWAY OF EPIC PROPORTIONS GOING ON! Go back and check! Defiance is now on the list! Woot! And stay tuned for more epic tomorrow!!!! XOXO,OH. MY. GOSH. I'm now WAY too excited for Book 2!!!!
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- Best of 2012 Guest Blogger: Megan @ The Book Babe
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Jessica Souders
- Review: Renegade
- ARC Review: Splintered
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Janette Rallison
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: The New Years Edi...
- Christmas Wishes from Inky & Special Guest
- Review: North Pole High
- Best of 2012 Guest Blogger: Jessi @ Auntie Spinell...
- Book Haul: 12/13/12 - The EDITED Version!!
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Rachel Harris + Giv...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Between the Devil...
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Ilsa J.Bick
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Bethany Wiggins + G...
- Middle Grade Monday: Eyes of the Desert Sand
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Fiona Paul
- Cover Reveal: Timepsell by Diana Paz
- On the 5th Day of Magic.....You All Go Spellbound
- Review: The Catastrophic History of You And Me
- Best of 2012 Guest Blogger: Eileen @ Singing & Rea...
- Book Blitz: Snow White Sorrow -> Excerpt+Deals+Giv...
- Blook Blast: The Jelly Bean Crisis + $100 Giveawa...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Snow White Sorrow...
- Best of 2012 Interview: Author Marissa Meyer!
- Novel Thoughts Week #3: Book Peeves
- Book Haul - 12/8/12 - Lots of Epic
- BEWARE...the Apocalypse is coming...
- Best of 2012: Guest Blogger Lisseth @ Read-A-Holic...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Belladonna
- Best of 2012 Interview: C. J. REDWINE!
- Best of 2012 Interview: Cat Patrick
- Book Blast: After Dark --> $50 GC Giveaway
- THE BEST OF 2012 (Inky-Style) KICK-OFF + Giveaway!...
- Book Blast: Surrender --> $100 GC Giveaway
- Book Haul: 12-2-12 + Random Reads
- ▼ December (35)