Friday, December 14, 2012
Hey! It's the 12 Days of Magic with the Spellbound trilogy by Nikki Jefford! Brought to you by Xpresso Book Tours! I'm blitzing the love here on Day 5...you know Gold Rings and alll...well not really. More like witches. :D But still just as awesome...SO onto blitzing!
Entangled by Nikki Jefford~THE TRILOGY~
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Smashwords | Goodread
Two months after dying, seventeen-year-old witch Graylee Perez wakes up in her twin sister Charlene’s body. Until Gray finds a way back inside her own body, she’s stuck being Charlene every twenty-hour hours. Her sister has left precise instructions on how Gray should dress and behave. Looking like a prep isn’t half as bad as hanging out with Charlene’s snotty friends and gropey boyfriend. The “normals” of McKinley High might be quick to write her behavior off as post-traumatic stress, but warlock Raj McKenna is the only person who suspects Gray has returned from the dead.Now Gray has to solve the mystery of her death and resurrection and disentangle herself from Charlene’s body before she disappears for good.
If Graylee Perez thought sharing a body with her twin sister was bad, dealing with a duplicate of herself is two times worse. Gray the second doesn’t seem to get that Lee’s boyfriend, Raj McKenna, is off limits. Then there’s the problem of Adrian Montez. He expects one of the Grays to be his. Nearly a year later, the council is onto them for past misdeeds; Lee, along with the rest of the coven, has lost control of her powers; and Gray is being stalked by what looks like the Grim Reaper. If they work together, they may stand a chance of setting things right and making it out alive.
In the third and final installment of the Spellbound series, Graylee Perez (the duplicate), goes to Spain for a summer of escape. There she meets new friends and comes face to face with her old adversary, Adrian Montez. When Gray tries to setup a spell that will banish Adrian from her life, she inadvertently falls under a love spell instead.Charlene returns, having hijacked a new body, for one final battle between the twins.
~WATCH THE TRAILERS~
IN THIS SCENE: Adrian’s grandmother returns in book three, accompanying him on his magic tour in Europe.
“This food no good.”
Adrian’s Nan glared down at the plate of paella the waiter had set before her.
They were seated at an antique marble table attached to legs made of curly cast-iron supports. It was only noon, which made Adrian and his Nan the first lunch customers of the day. The Spaniards wouldn’t be out for their mid-day meal till closer to two.
Adrian was already three bites into his dish. “There’s nothing wrong with the food, Nan.”
“Food better in Paris.”
“Spanish food is fine. You just miss the pastries.”
“What wrong with pastries?”
Adrian grinned. “Come on, you have to admit it’s good to get out of the apartment.”
Nan scowled in answer.
His Nan had barely stepped foot outside since arriving in Barcelona two weeks prior.
“Why we come to Spain?”
“I told you. I had an opportunity to perform.”
“Perform!” Nan spat on the ground then tossed up her arms. “You perform plenty in Paris. I know why we come to Spain. The girl.”
Nan missed the look of warning on Adrian’s face.
“You almost kill yourself for this girl and still I no meet.”
“I did not almost kill myself for her. It doesn’t matter, anyway. She hates me.” She probably hated him even more after last night. It was of little consequence. Adrian had not expected to see Graylee Perez again, at least not this soon. Her mother had forbidden it. He smirked at the thought. No one forbade Adrian Montez anything.
Nan huffed. “Love. Hate. Doesn’t matter. You powerful warlock. Make girl love you.”
Adrian wasn’t above manipulation or the use of magic to get what he wanted, but in this instance the mere thought of it made him physically recoil. “I am Adrian Hedrick Montez. I will have a woman’s sincere love or I won’t have it at all.”
Nan huffed again.
Adrian smiled slowly. “Besides, I already have the love of a good woman.”
Nan came the closest to a giggle as Adrian had ever heard. Her lips puckered into a brief smile and she actually took a bite of her food. But as soon as she’d swallowed, she leaned forward and asked, “When we return to Paris?”
It was like dealing with a four-year-old.
Ooooo-la-la!!! This looks hilariously epic! Woot! I want to read NOW.
Nikki has shared her playlists for the books with us blitzers so I decided to spotlight the playlist for Duplicity. Ready to see what she's got?~THE DUPLICITY PLAYLIST~
Within You and As The World Falls Down
by David Bowie from LabyrinthAdrian’s obsession with Gray reminds me of the Goblin King’s fixation on Sarah. At the end of book one Adrian risks his own life to ensure she doesn’t disappear. In book two his feelings intensify, but are harshly rejected. Sorry, Adrian, you have no power over Gray.
by Lady GagaThe confusion spell Gray puts over Adrian requires her to speak gibberish the entire time. She starts singing “Rah, rah, ah, ah, ah; Roma, roma, ma; Gaga, ooh, la, la,” then accidentaly bursts into the Bad Romance lyrics.
The prizes:~THE GIVEAWAY~
-Signed Entangled Paperback,
-A box of peppermint chocolate Polar Bear Smooches,
-12 eBook Winners: choice of book 1, book 2, or voucher for book 3 when it releasesa Rafflecopter giveaway
That's if for this part of the blitz. Don't miss the other blogs featuring the book for more cool excerpts and playlists...plus more giveaways! Thanks to the amazing Giselle for putting this together. I hope you've enjoyed!
So, thoughts? Comments? Questions? Happy Friday, XX,
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- Best of 2012 Guest Blogger: Megan @ The Book Babe
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Jessica Souders
- Review: Renegade
- ARC Review: Splintered
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Janette Rallison
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: The New Years Edi...
- Christmas Wishes from Inky & Special Guest
- Review: North Pole High
- Best of 2012 Guest Blogger: Jessi @ Auntie Spinell...
- Book Haul: 12/13/12 - The EDITED Version!!
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Rachel Harris + Giv...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Between the Devil...
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Ilsa J.Bick
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Bethany Wiggins + G...
- Middle Grade Monday: Eyes of the Desert Sand
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Fiona Paul
- Cover Reveal: Timepsell by Diana Paz
- On the 5th Day of Magic.....You All Go Spellbound
- Review: The Catastrophic History of You And Me
- Best of 2012 Guest Blogger: Eileen @ Singing & Rea...
- Book Blitz: Snow White Sorrow -> Excerpt+Deals+Giv...
- Blook Blast: The Jelly Bean Crisis + $100 Giveawa...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Snow White Sorrow...
- Best of 2012 Interview: Author Marissa Meyer!
- Novel Thoughts Week #3: Book Peeves
- Book Haul - 12/8/12 - Lots of Epic
- BEWARE...the Apocalypse is coming...
- Best of 2012: Guest Blogger Lisseth @ Read-A-Holic...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Belladonna
- Best of 2012 Interview: C. J. REDWINE!
- Best of 2012 Interview: Cat Patrick
- Book Blast: After Dark --> $50 GC Giveaway
- THE BEST OF 2012 (Inky-Style) KICK-OFF + Giveaway!...
- Book Blast: Surrender --> $100 GC Giveaway
- Book Haul: 12-2-12 + Random Reads
- ▼ December (35)