Monday, December 17, 2012
Welcome to Middle-Grade Monday. I've mentioned before that my younger sister *Minky is going to be reviewing a couple times a month on the blog with the MG books she reads. It will be featured every so often on a Monday, when she has a good book to review! Welcome Minky!
Eyes of the Desert Sand
by Edwin Wolfe
Published: 1.11.12 by Aauvi House
GOODREADS - PURCHASE
How many parents would believe their thirteen year old son who told them that two vampires and a hooded stranger had tried to abduct him? Strange thing is, young Ethan Fox is convinced his parents, George and Betsy do believe him. Could it have something to do with the mysterious poem he wrote in his sleep? Or maybe it has something to do with his past, the past he cannot remember before his eighth birthday. Something strange is afoot, and it is about to turn Ethan’s world upside down.
While vacationing with his parents, to get away from the crazy events of the previous two weeks, Ethan encounters a young girl named Haley Hunt who he is strongly drawn to and the feeling is mutual. Together, Ethan and Haley are lured to The Residence, home of the Caretakers, an organization of intelligent beings sent to earth to nurture the human race and protect them from un-earthly influences.
Armed with special abilities, including the power to evolve any earthly creature, the Caretakers take in their unexpected guests. They have been watching young Ethan Fox, and are curious as to why the Grimleavers, their mortal enemy on earth, would want to abduct a young human child. Together, Ethan and Haley journey to magical worlds, make new friends, and help the Caretakers unravel the stories greatest mysteries.
Along the way, they learn that the Caretakers have been here since the beginning of human history and have played a key role in shaping human lore. In their world, vampires, werewolves, trolls, and even Medusa herself really do exist but have been kept hidden from the human world around them. Ethan is the key as they ultimately discover the Grimleavers true intentions, to unlock the four portals to the elemental worlds of the Chrysalis.
*a copy of book was received from the author for review*Minky's Blurbings:
Inky got this book for review, but was too busy and so she passed it onto me. It was a fun adventure story. It was very interesting but honestly, I felt that it was a little weird and strange. The characters were really nice and all, but they seemed to be missing the connection. And although it was a really fun read, at the same time it was weird. It's hard to describe how I feel about it. It was fun but at the time strange enough to boggle my feelings! Haha. But thanks for the chance to read this!
*named changed. For more info about Minky see HERE.
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- Best of 2012 Guest Blogger: Megan @ The Book Babe
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Jessica Souders
- Review: Renegade
- ARC Review: Splintered
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Janette Rallison
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: The New Years Edi...
- Christmas Wishes from Inky & Special Guest
- Review: North Pole High
- Best of 2012 Guest Blogger: Jessi @ Auntie Spinell...
- Book Haul: 12/13/12 - The EDITED Version!!
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Rachel Harris + Giv...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Between the Devil...
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Ilsa J.Bick
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Bethany Wiggins + G...
- Middle Grade Monday: Eyes of the Desert Sand
- Best of 2012 Author Interview: Fiona Paul
- Cover Reveal: Timepsell by Diana Paz
- On the 5th Day of Magic.....You All Go Spellbound
- Review: The Catastrophic History of You And Me
- Best of 2012 Guest Blogger: Eileen @ Singing & Rea...
- Book Blitz: Snow White Sorrow -> Excerpt+Deals+Giv...
- Blook Blast: The Jelly Bean Crisis + $100 Giveawa...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Snow White Sorrow...
- Best of 2012 Interview: Author Marissa Meyer!
- Novel Thoughts Week #3: Book Peeves
- Book Haul - 12/8/12 - Lots of Epic
- BEWARE...the Apocalypse is coming...
- Best of 2012: Guest Blogger Lisseth @ Read-A-Holic...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Belladonna
- Best of 2012 Interview: C. J. REDWINE!
- Best of 2012 Interview: Cat Patrick
- Book Blast: After Dark --> $50 GC Giveaway
- THE BEST OF 2012 (Inky-Style) KICK-OFF + Giveaway!...
- Book Blast: Surrender --> $100 GC Giveaway
- Book Haul: 12-2-12 + Random Reads
- ▼ December (35)