Monday, October 8, 2012
The Hero Of Ages (Mistborn #3)
by Brandon Sanderson
Published: 10.1.08 by Tor Fantasy
Pages: 748
Who is the Hero of Ages? To end the Final Empire and restore freedom, Vin killed the Lord Ruler. But as a result, the Deepness---the lethal form of the ubiquitous mists---is back, along with increasingly heavy ashfalls and ever more powerful earthquakes. Humanity appears to be doomed. Having escaped death at the climax of The Well of Ascension only by becoming a Mistborn himself, Emperor Elend Venture hopes to find clues left behind by the Lord Ruler that will allow him to save the world. Vin is consumed with guilt at having been tricked into releasing the mystic force known as Ruin from the Well. Ruin wants to end the world, and its near omniscience and ability to warp reality make stopping it seem impossible. She can’t even discuss it with Elend lest Ruin learn their plans!

The conclusion of the Mistborn trilogy fulfills all the promise of the first two books. Revelations abound, connections rooted in early chapters of the series click into place, and surprises, as satisfying as they are stunning, blossom like fireworks to dazzle and delight. It all leads up to a finale unmatched for originality and audacity that will leave readers rubbing their eyes in wonder, as if awaking from an amazing dream.

Inky's Blurbings:
OH MY MISTBORN!!!! This is one SMASH-BANG trilogy full of AWESOME-SAUCE characters, adventure, danger, villains, romance, action, magic.....EEEP! I have loved following this intense series and must declare it the BEST High-Fantasy I have read since Lord of the Rings! And since LOTR is my FAVORITEST book ever, that is a very high honor.
 ;)


I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. Honest. I don't know where to begin. This book was a roller coaster of epic fun, and emotions for me. The writing was just incredible. I'm so amazed at how well Brandon was able to craft a novel and weave in so many twists in a plot.  He is so good and forshadowing and leaving hints that you don't pick up! Things you pass by in the FIRST book now show up again in the third and it's just.. WOW. High-five to Brandon. Yes, I've heard people complain about how long the book is, but it worked for me. It was informative in a way that didn't drown me. It rocked. 

The characters as always were incredibly done. We get quite a few points of view and it really adds layers and depth to the story that we couldn't get if it was just one narrator. So I felt it was really well done. Some of the characters had previously undergone their development, and so they were strong and amazing, while a few newer POVS, had not. It was all so great to learn about the cultures, and powers of the whole world from all these characters. I just love the cast that Sanderson has created. 

The magic and the plot was superb! It all comes rushing together in a climax I will never forget. Honestly guys, I cried for TEN MINUTES. I'll never forget. I don't want to say to much except that I found myself really sad (and even mad for a few minutes) about a few things that happened, and surprised but okay. It all worked out fine and splendid and....WOW. I'm really gonna miss these characters. I still think about them a lot and wish I could hop into the pages and become one with them. 

SO. The Morale is: READ THE MISTBORN TRILOGY. You will never, ever, ever regret it if you do. Actually you know what? Go to Amazon right now and buy the trilogy. Then when it comes in the mail you can hibernate for the next two weeks (these are not light reads) then when you emerge into the blinding sun, we can FANGIRL together! I won't complain if you only buy the first book though. Cuz once you start, you'll get them all anyway. 

Content: Mild/Moderate-Clean to me
(Swearing - he**,da**,bloody, swearing on Lord Ruler and Mists. Violence and Fighting. Quite a bit. Somewhat  gory details (guy author-go figure). Some kissing.)
The Super Award!

I totally dig this book! Have you read these books? DO YOU WANT TO? Do you like Fantasy? What books have rocked your socks lately? I'd love to hear your thoughts

0 comments:

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews