Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Waiting on Wednesday
Welcome to my WOW, or HOW as I like to call it where I feature an upcoming release that I'm hyperventilating for! It's totally fun to geek out about upcoming releases! This event is hosted by the lovely Jill @ Breaking The Spine. Today's pick is....


The Archived by Victoria Schwab
TBPublished:  January 22, 2013 by Egmont
ADD TO GOODREADS
Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books. Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive. Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.

Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous-it's a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da's death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

Why I'm Hyperventilating:
I'm this creepy Halloween read mood and this book totally fits the bill! Look at it! The creep-tastic cover, that fabulistic blurb and just all the early reviews already out there proclaim this book to be EPICly creepy. I can't wait. I mean a library of dead people? YES. It's like...*Hyperventilate* This book sounds WAY unique, creepy, awesome, and so cool. 

I'm repeating myself aren't I? Well you get the point. I'm totally looking toward to getting my hands on this one come January....Why January? Why not now? Halloween would be perfect. Alas alack, I must wait. :-/ But until then I guess I'm TOTALLY HYPERVENTILATING FOR THIS BOOK!

What are you waiting/hyperventilating on this Wednesday?
Link me up!

17 comments:

  1. I love the library setting-perfect for us bookish people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard so many amazing things about The Near Witch, and this one is coming out too? EEKS! I needs it :D They had a free preview on NG for this one.
    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I got it and I'm so psyched for the book!

      Delete
  3. I featured this on my Waiting on Wednesday a while back. It looks SO amazing. Really great pick this week ;)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is it I hadn't heard of this book? It sounds amazing!!! I'm not one for Ghost Stories, but this? Yes Please! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW Post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep this definitely sounds creep-tastic, perfect for October! The cover is pretty amazing too.

    Clean Adult Fiction's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this one around quite a bit lately, great pick! Thanks for sharing as always! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds so unique! I can't wait to read it. Great pick!!

    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't a big fan of The Near Witch, but this one sounds ten times better than The Near Witch, so I'm definitely pumped up for this one.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Angie @YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete

Heyo! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my awesome-sauce blog readers. You just made my day! I try to reply to every comment I get so if you have a question check back later! Or just link me up to your blog (if you have one) and I'll visit you! Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! <333 Inky

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews