Sunday, March 18, 2012
I felt it was time for some less-liked reviews. Lots of 5 stars on my blog and I needed to add a little variety.
I've been getting really picky about the books I read lately. If I read them I want them to be books that will keep my interest and glued to the page. Content wise, I want a clean read with appropriate content. I have all these sites that I go to to research books before I read them. I look up other people reviews and see what they thought. But I have come across a couple books that I just could hardly finish. Books I quit, either from content or lack of interest. I won't make these official reviews but I'll them Books That Didn't Hook Me.

****

BEFORE I FALL
Shocker I know, this books is like raved so much. I was really looking forward to this. The story looked great and I'd heard it was amazing. After Delirium I was ready for another great book by Lauren Oliver. But then the content in here drove me nuts. It was was just to much for me. I wasn't feeling comfortable  about that level of content.  Way to heavy. So I dropped it. I was disappointed with it, but honestly, I haven't regretted once, not reading this book.

MARKED (House of Night #1)
It's a seriously rare occasion when I do vampires. I'm not into them so I basically never read them. I only got this book because my friend was raving and I felt like I'd give it a try to see what the fuss was. I didn't even finish chapter to. Like Before I Fall, there was some content. It wasn't so heavy, but it was there. Also, I didn't feel like it was started very well anyway. It was kinda confusing. It just didn't grab my interest.


WARRIOR PRINCESS (Warrior Princess #1)
Okay, so the thing about this book was NOT content. Frewin's books are squeaky clean. The issue with these books was at the writing and how it was presented. And I didn't even want to finish this. It was boring and bland and FLAT. I just couldn't get into this. I really like finding cute clean reads but when it just doesn't grab you...it doesn't grab you.


MAGYK (Septimus Heap #1)
Again, with this one, it is not a content issue. It's the grab-my-interesting-in-a-unique-way issue. It dragged. It was totally a cliche. I didn't find much to appreciate. So I didn't finish it. I couldn't bring myself to do it. And, it's more a middle grade fantasy book, so maybe they'd enjoy it more, but yeah, I just didn't see much in it to excite me.


CRESCENDO (Hush Hush #2)
For me, this book was half and half as to why I didn't like it. I read Hush Hush and gave it 3 stars. I thought it was okay and I was sort of interested to see how Nora's story would play out. Total let down. Not that I was super hyped about this book, but Nora drove me mad. These books are dark okay? Like dark, cloudy weather, and hanging out in dark places. Nora supposedly doesn't ever want to do these things,  but she's ALWAYS giving into it. Always going though she knows it's not good and will turn out wrong. The content was on the line between the dark side and good side. As if Nora's like, How Bad Can I Be? Yeah I don't favor this book and I won't finish it or the rest of the series.

****

Okay, well I'm sorry to be so negative in these comments, but I'm trying to share my honest opinion. Books are such and important part in my life that I want to make sure I'm reading things I won't regret. So I'm not afraid to drop books any more. Every once in a while I'll post another one of these, but for now this shall suffice. I'd be interested to know why you liked them, if you found any of them interesting and good.

Later,
Inky

0 comments:

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

Total Pageviews