Thursday, March 22, 2012
Partials by Dan Wells

Source: Library
Published: Feb. 28th, 2012
Publisher: Balthazer & Bray
Pages: 472
Rating: 4.5

Summary: Humanity is all but extinguished after a war with partials—engineered organic beings identical to humans—has decimated the world’s population. Reduced to only tens of thousands by a weaponized virus to which only a fraction of humanity is immune, the survivors in North America have huddled together on Long Island. The threat of the partials is still imminent, but, worse, no baby has been born immune to the disease in over a decade. Humanity’s time is running out.

When sixteen-year-old Kira learns of her best friend’s pregnancy, she’s determined to find a solution. Then one rash decision forces Kira to flee her community with the unlikeliest of allies. As she tries desperately to save what is left of her race, she discovers that the survival of both humans and partials rests in her attempts to answer questions of the war’s origin that she never knew to ask.



The Book In 3 Words: Creepy, Thrilling, Captivating

Rad Review: I liked this book so much more than I thought I would. It was totally different from any other dystopian I've ever read. It's got this whole edge to "Humanity is dying", instead of focusing on the control of the government. It was fairly fast past and engaging. It kept my interest even when it got confusing. It was seriously crazy awesome. If that's even a phrase.I did get lost on some place however. Through the action scenes sometimes it was a little unclear the surroundings and what else was happening. I also couldn't always follow the scientific description, but I got the gist. Despite that I liked how he protrayed the story.

It really liked the cast of chraacters. I felt like I could connect with the characters and with Kira, the main protaganist. I really liked the variety that Marcus, and all her friends added to the mix. Very flavorful. Wells, ends the book quite fast and with lots of questions and loose threads, leaving me quite excited for book two. I really did enjoy this new book and I can't wait to see what happens to Kira in the next book. 

Content: Mild-Moderate
( there were handfuls of H-E-double-hockey-stick, D*** word, and B**** word. Some kissing scenes and talk of doing it and getting married, because of the Hope Act which the government has enforced)

0 comments:

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

Total Pageviews