Monday, March 26, 2012
Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev

Published: 7.7.09
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends/ Square Fish
Pages: 352
Rating: 4/5 Stars

SummaryAll her world’s a stage. Bertie Shakespeare Smith is not an actress, yet she lives in a theater. She’s not an orphan, but she has no parents. She knows every part, but she has no lines of her own. That is, until now. Welcome to the Théâtre Illuminata, where the actors of every play ever written can be found behind the curtain. They were born to play their parts, and are bound to the Théâtre by The Book — an ancient and magical tome of scripts. Bertie is not one of them, but they are her family — and she is about to lose them all and the only home she has ever known.


The Book In 3 Words: Theatrical, Magical, Lovely


Rad Review: Okay, I love the stage. I love performing on the stag. So to find a book like this where the setting is the stage...it's like Epicness in one. So I loved the setting even before I started the book. So much fun there! I loved Bertie and her voice. But the hysterical characters were the fairies. So fun, I loved there portrayal. Fun spending time with the Shakespeare characters. 


The story was exciting and the plot was fun. There were some points that confused me but did get explained eventually. So that was good. Also some of the workings of the stage lost me a few times but it really wasn't so bad. I flew this book, loved most of it and can't wait to read the sequels, Perchance to Dream and So Silver Bright. 


It's a book very easy to enjoy and I for sure recommend it to YA lovers. 


Content: Mild-Moderate
(A few instances of the D word. Mostly at beginning of book. An instance of Nate and Bertie taking a bath together. Almost like they were skinny dipping in a hot tub together. Nothing happens but it's kind of an awkward scene. Some kissing, mention of Ariel laying on top of Bertie when it happens.)

0 comments:

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

Total Pageviews