Monday, March 26, 2012
Slayers by C. J. Hill

Source: Borrowed
Published: 9.27.11
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Pages: 373
Rating: 5 Stars

SummaryDragons exist. They’re ferocious. And they’re smart: Before they were killed off by slayer-knights, they rendered a select group of eggs dormant, so their offspring would survive. Only a handful of people know about this, let alone believe it – these “Slayers” are descended from the original knights, and are now a diverse group of teens that includes Tori, a smart but spoiled senator’s daughter who didn’t sign up to save the world. The dragon eggs have fallen into the wrong hands. The Slayers must work together to stop the eggs from hatching. They will fight; they will fall in love. But will they survive?

The Book In 3 Words: Adventurous, Fantastic, Exciting

Rad Review: I loved this book. I am always a fan of a good, fun, clean fantasy and this was the perfect fit. Janette Rallison, who goes by a pen name for this novel (CJ Hill) is one of my favorite authors. Her books are full of comedy and fun. I loved her new take on dragons in this book.

You read a lot about dragons being friends with people and all that. Good dragons. Well what if Dragons were evil? It's somewhat uncommon to find a book devoted to that concept and in a setting such as this. But it was wonderful. It was so awesome to read this book and experience it! I like Dragons better as an enemy and I loved this one. Rallison's style is so great, she tells the story in an exciting way with fun plot twists and tricks. She threw in a nice little love triangle into this book to add some spice next to all the Dragons and I only one thing to say on that matter: Team Jesse!

All in all, I'm really excited for book two, and to see how this story continues to play out.

Content: Clean Read

3 comments:

Heyo! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my awesome-sauce blog readers. You just made my day! I try to reply to every comment I get so if you have a question check back later! Or just link me up to your blog (if you have one) and I'll visit you! Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! <333 Inky

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

Total Pageviews