Monday, September 24, 2012
All human beings are quirky, and I've been told I have more quirks than most. Be that as it may, that quirkiness definitely extends to the way I write. So here are a few of my writing quirks – see if you share any of these or they at least give you a smile for the day:
- I like to put my feet up: I don't know what it is about sitting at a formal desk that makes me feel not particularly creative and kind of trapped. Although sometimes I end up working at my desk, when it comes to fiction and even non-fiction writing, I'm much happier on a laptop, somewhere where I can sit back put my feet up. My favorite writing spots are the living room couch and the comfy chair in my little reading nook (a glorified alcove in the stairs!). If it's warm enough to write without shoes on, so much the better
- Nighttime isn't the right time: Right or wrong, I'm just not a night person and it's very rare that I feel even remotely inspired to do anything creative after the sun goes down. Yes, I know it's downright weird, but my most productive writing hours are in the late morning to early afternoon. For me, nighttime is the time to hang out with my family, curl up with my dog and, well, sleep!
- An open window helps: Bright outdoor skies make it challenging to see the screen on my laptop. So even though I'd love to write outdoors, I usually don't. The next best thing is to sit by an open window where I can still see the sky and feel the air. (Hmm, with a backlit screen, perhaps I should rethink the whole night thing and consider writing under the moonlight…)
- Having my dog around helps too: Strange as it sounds, when my dog comes to sit with me, I enjoy the writing process even more. I love how she can be so close to me and still allow me my personal space…if only humans could learn to do that…
- I like things quiet: Even though I love music, I've found trying to mix it with the writing process just doesn't work for me. I'm happiest writing when I'm only listening to the sounds of nature through an open window.
As part of the tour, Roberta is offering an ebook of one of her other novels, Monster Tears. Good luck!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastical Tuesday!
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- TRAILER REVEAL : Timeless!
- Giveaway ALERT: S&L 1000 Followers!
- Review: Dearly Departed
- Book Haul of SUH-WEET-NESS!
- Books That Didn't Hook Me
- Review: Shadow and Bone
- Giveaway Alert!
- On Tour w/So Into You: Review + Giveaway
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Poison
- Review: Phantom
- Review: Erasing Time
- On Tour w/A Life in the Service: Guest Post + Give...
- Meet Mackenzie, Little Sister & Guest Reviewer!
- Book Hauling it via Vlog #2
- Giveaway Spotlight:Squeaky Books Birthday Bash
- Cover Reveal: Abandon (Posession#3)
- On Tour w/Redemption Series Pt. 1: Blurb + Giveway...
- Review: Defiance
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Dualed
- Giveaway Spotlight: Bookshelf Cleanup @ Bookish!
- Review: For Darkness Shows The Stars
- Blurb Reveal w/Timeless & Giveaway
- On Tour w/Demons: Interview + Giveaway
- Book Haul in VLOG style!
- On tour w/Dreamwalker: Blurb + Giveaway!
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Breathe
- Review: Hidden
- Books That Didn't Hook Me
- Back in Business + Random Fun
- On Tour w/Erin: Guest Post + Giveaway
- Weekend Haitus Notice
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Let The Sky Fall
- On Tour w/Witch Born pt.1: Chapter Link-up + Swag ...
- Reading Clean: One RAD Giveaway!!
- On Tour w/Phillip Overton: Guest Post + Giveaway
- Random Reads September Pick
- Giveaways Galore....
- ▼ September (37)