Monday, September 17, 2012
Published: 6.12.12 by Balthazer + Bray
Wow. So this is a retelling of Jane Austen's Persuasion. I actually haven't read Persuaion yet, but I love the story and so I was very excited to hear all the good blurb about this book. And I really did enjoy it!
But there were a few things that got to me.
We have this Apocalyptic setting. I liked it and it was very good.....once I understood it! I mean there was all this talk of the Reduced and Post-Reduced and Luddites, but it took me a while to grasp at the concepts. Maybe I was just tired or slow, but I actually had to re-read some parts a few times. I'm the kind of person who likes clear explanations. :D But besides that I found I really enjoyed the setting that Diana set up.
Elliot was a very nice charrie. But she was also stubborn. Regarding the romance there were times I was like. "DARN YOU ELLIOT". But then again, the story does need it. However I did really like her. The story seemed to be told well through her eyes, even though I had a hard time with her name.And then we have....Kai. Gorgeous, perfect and very very stubborn Kai. *swoon* Yes I liked Kai though honestly the two of them put together makes for a very frustrating romance. ;)
It's been a couple months since I read this so I can't really thing of other things to complain or like about the book. The characters were really well developed and I LOVED the letters between Kai and Elliot. The flashbacks were so sweet and fun to read, giving an added depth to their past. Needless to say, I'm move excited for the REAL Persuasion as well as some more of Diana's books! I would totally recomend this to Jane Austen fans, or just those who like romance + the apocalypse. Totally fun!
(there are houses where they send all the Reduced to have their babies. There is a cousin who takes advantages of Reduced girls)
Have you read this? Persuasion? Did you like them? I'd love to hear what you think.
Powered by Blogger.
According to the FTC guidelines I am required to state that I receive NO monetary or physical compensation for my work here. All books received in exchange for HONEST REVIEWS, that are FREE OF CHARGE. I receive no monetary value from all content that is provided on Book Haven Extraordinaire, unless otherwise stated.
- TRAILER REVEAL : Timeless!
- Giveaway ALERT: S&L 1000 Followers!
- Review: Dearly Departed
- Book Haul of SUH-WEET-NESS!
- Books That Didn't Hook Me
- Review: Shadow and Bone
- Giveaway Alert!
- On Tour w/So Into You: Review + Giveaway
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Poison
- Review: Phantom
- Review: Erasing Time
- On Tour w/A Life in the Service: Guest Post + Give...
- Meet Mackenzie, Little Sister & Guest Reviewer!
- Book Hauling it via Vlog #2
- Giveaway Spotlight:Squeaky Books Birthday Bash
- Cover Reveal: Abandon (Posession#3)
- On Tour w/Redemption Series Pt. 1: Blurb + Giveway...
- Review: Defiance
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Dualed
- Giveaway Spotlight: Bookshelf Cleanup @ Bookish!
- Review: For Darkness Shows The Stars
- Blurb Reveal w/Timeless & Giveaway
- On Tour w/Demons: Interview + Giveaway
- Book Haul in VLOG style!
- On tour w/Dreamwalker: Blurb + Giveaway!
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Breathe
- Review: Hidden
- Books That Didn't Hook Me
- Back in Business + Random Fun
- On Tour w/Erin: Guest Post + Giveaway
- Weekend Haitus Notice
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Let The Sky Fall
- On Tour w/Witch Born pt.1: Chapter Link-up + Swag ...
- Reading Clean: One RAD Giveaway!!
- On Tour w/Phillip Overton: Guest Post + Giveaway
- Random Reads September Pick
- Giveaways Galore....
- ▼ September (37)