Friday, September 28, 2012
Published 6.5.12 by Henry & Holt
ADD ON GOODREADS
Watch The Trailer:
Okay okay. People. This book is one FREAKING-EPIC-TASTIC Book! I've wanted to read it since it came out and I don't know why I took so long to buy this book! GUYS, this book is one fantastic read. If you haven't got your hands on this yet....stop reading my review, open Amazon, or get in your car and go buy this now! :)
When we first meet Alina, she's this shy girl who's had a hard life growing up as an orphan in the War- Ravaged country of Ravka. Then BAM, her life goes nuts and she's thrust into this new enviroment and lifestyle..*insert deep ominous voice*...THE GRISHA. She's awkward and unused to the kind of society that she's thrust into and I thought her transit was really well done! I could totally connect to Alina throughout her struggles, her strengths, her feelings..her everything! What up Alina? Rock on girl!
Moving on, this book has one of the BEST Love Interests EVA!!!!! Meep! I <3 Mal! Yay! He's that best-friend kind of love interest. I love those kind! He's sweet, handsome, and totally amazing. :D I can't really saw much more. Their relationship was sweet and not rushed. One of the best. :D Yay Mal!
The plot was fantastic! The concept fantastic. The magic stunning. The characters set in this crazy good world. I mean. Russia is cool. And I thought it was really cool how Leigh was able to take the society and take elements and weave it into her world. Yay Russia & Ravka! But back to the plot. Once Alina is thrust into this new element, she stuggles to find herself and her power. That part of the novel would have to be the only thing that I didn't like enough. It felt like to much of the novel was slower and we weren't progressing. It was past the halfway point when things picked up and moved on at a fantastic pace and got great. So that's honestly my only complaint.
So, bottom line? I MAJOR <3 This BOOK! Everyone Read it!
Content: Very Mild
(a couple instances of mild language and innuendo)
Have you read this book yet? Loved it? Want to read it? Tell me what YOU think! XOXO,
Powered by Blogger.
According to the FTC guidelines I am required to state that I receive NO monetary or physical compensation for my work here. All books received in exchange for HONEST REVIEWS, that are FREE OF CHARGE. I receive no monetary value from all content that is provided on Book Haven Extraordinaire, unless otherwise stated.
- TRAILER REVEAL : Timeless!
- Giveaway ALERT: S&L 1000 Followers!
- Review: Dearly Departed
- Book Haul of SUH-WEET-NESS!
- Books That Didn't Hook Me
- Review: Shadow and Bone
- Giveaway Alert!
- On Tour w/So Into You: Review + Giveaway
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Poison
- Review: Phantom
- Review: Erasing Time
- On Tour w/A Life in the Service: Guest Post + Give...
- Meet Mackenzie, Little Sister & Guest Reviewer!
- Book Hauling it via Vlog #2
- Giveaway Spotlight:Squeaky Books Birthday Bash
- Cover Reveal: Abandon (Posession#3)
- On Tour w/Redemption Series Pt. 1: Blurb + Giveway...
- Review: Defiance
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Dualed
- Giveaway Spotlight: Bookshelf Cleanup @ Bookish!
- Review: For Darkness Shows The Stars
- Blurb Reveal w/Timeless & Giveaway
- On Tour w/Demons: Interview + Giveaway
- Book Haul in VLOG style!
- On tour w/Dreamwalker: Blurb + Giveaway!
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Breathe
- Review: Hidden
- Books That Didn't Hook Me
- Back in Business + Random Fun
- On Tour w/Erin: Guest Post + Giveaway
- Weekend Haitus Notice
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Let The Sky Fall
- On Tour w/Witch Born pt.1: Chapter Link-up + Swag ...
- Reading Clean: One RAD Giveaway!!
- On Tour w/Phillip Overton: Guest Post + Giveaway
- Random Reads September Pick
- Giveaways Galore....
- ▼ September (37)