Saturday, September 29, 2012
Published: 10.18.11 by Del Rey
Pages: 470 Pgs.
ADD ON GOODREADS
Watch the Trailer:
I can't even begin to say how I LOVE this book! I mean like I've never really been into Zombies and that whole genre, but this one caught my eye and so when It turned into my Random Read for this month I just had to give it a shot. It was so worth it!
One thing I absolutly LOVED was how the society was built. It's like Steampunk, but REVERSED. As in....Punksteam. :D (Which is very punny if you've read the book get some of the terms) It was totally crazy. A futuristic, technically advanced society, modeled after the Victorian era. I <3 Dystopia and I REALLY <3 Victorian time, so this was a very cool set-up. It was really interesting to read about how the society evolved. (Bonus Points for not being in the USA!) Very cool. I'd for sure have to say that this is one of my favorite fictional societies. So well put together! Meep!
Okay Nora was like everything I could ask for in a Main Character - Please Note: There are 5 different POVS tossed around but Nora is the MC- she was strong, independent, rational, stubborn, witty, and feminine. She was so fun to read. She was REALISTIC as well! Yaya Nora! Oh and now I'm so hyped to talk about my NEXT favorite character..BRAM! Let me just start by saying, HE. IS. HOT. I don't know how Lia pulled it off, but for a guy who's been dead for TWO years, he is swoon-worthy. I think it's probably his amazing character that tugs at my heartstrings, because I'm still trying to picture him as a hot dead guy. Lol. Thats my problem, but I LOVE HIM ANYWAY! He's kind, caring, loyal, smart, strong, and just....amazing. *swoon*
Their romance was so sweet. It wasn't rushed, it wasn't dragged on. It was a really nice pace and I loved the character development and how easy they got to know each other! Thumbs up for a really well done romance. As for the other 3 narrators in this story, for one, I was glad they were all in 1st person! I think it wasn't placed in a way that took away from the story but added some good depth. Even with 5 charries. It's just the kind of story that works that way. Pam would have to be my next favorite narrative. It's so tragic what she goes through. But yay for happy endings right.
So now we come to the Plot....as in...the Zombies. Now I've NEVER been big on zombies/vampires/werewolves. I've always been a Dystopia/Fantasty/Historical kinda girl. But you have to give an author credit for making you love a book about a genre you don't like. Lol. This is the first zombie book I can say I LOVE. There was a totally reasonable and actually interesting theory behind the zombie-ism and it wasn't just gross-people-out-for-more-brains. Well there were that kind, but there was the Bram kind, the SMART kind. So I was actually really intrigued by the concepts behind it and honestly found the plot to be very interesting.
Overall, we now that Inky is open to Zombies, is in love with a fictional dead guy, and is also obsessed with this gorgeous cover. I had a blast reading this, and can't wait to get my hands on Dearly Beloved! I'm SOOO glad it's now out. Hope I can grab that one soon!
(The only issue I had is the language. Quite a bit. (Deity, Da**, He**) A couple kisses, one innuendo.)
Have you read this? Did you like it? Do you want to read it? What do you think of Zombies? I'd love to hear anything you have to tell me! XOXO,
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- TRAILER REVEAL : Timeless!
- Giveaway ALERT: S&L 1000 Followers!
- Review: Dearly Departed
- Book Haul of SUH-WEET-NESS!
- Books That Didn't Hook Me
- Review: Shadow and Bone
- Giveaway Alert!
- On Tour w/So Into You: Review + Giveaway
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Poison
- Review: Phantom
- Review: Erasing Time
- On Tour w/A Life in the Service: Guest Post + Give...
- Meet Mackenzie, Little Sister & Guest Reviewer!
- Book Hauling it via Vlog #2
- Giveaway Spotlight:Squeaky Books Birthday Bash
- Cover Reveal: Abandon (Posession#3)
- On Tour w/Redemption Series Pt. 1: Blurb + Giveway...
- Review: Defiance
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Dualed
- Giveaway Spotlight: Bookshelf Cleanup @ Bookish!
- Review: For Darkness Shows The Stars
- Blurb Reveal w/Timeless & Giveaway
- On Tour w/Demons: Interview + Giveaway
- Book Haul in VLOG style!
- On tour w/Dreamwalker: Blurb + Giveaway!
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Breathe
- Review: Hidden
- Books That Didn't Hook Me
- Back in Business + Random Fun
- On Tour w/Erin: Guest Post + Giveaway
- Weekend Haitus Notice
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Let The Sky Fall
- On Tour w/Witch Born pt.1: Chapter Link-up + Swag ...
- Reading Clean: One RAD Giveaway!!
- On Tour w/Phillip Overton: Guest Post + Giveaway
- Random Reads September Pick
- Giveaways Galore....
- ▼ September (37)