Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Published: 8.28.12 by Katherine Tegan
I LOVE LOVE LOVE anything by Janette Rallison/C.J.Hill. She takes very cool ideas and makes them unique, funny and a totally joyride. So naturally I was very excited to hear about this new dystopia novel, let alone win a copy from CJ. (Thank You!)
I totally loved the society. It had many of the familiar Dystopian elements while having a unique trend and feel to it! It wasn't overdone either. It was right and good and awesome. :) YAY dystopia. So we have these twins with two different personalities and all of a sudden they are whisked away into the future. Then they learn they can't get back. YIKES. Panic time. Sheridan and Taylor find themselves in a pretty twisty predicament with no easy way out.
I wish I could spill my guts about things, but alas, no. Let me just say that I liked the realistical reaction of the girls, and thatI was easy to connect with Sheridan. I really wish Taylor had gotten her own POV moments, because she'd have a CRAZY GENIUS voice. YAY! But even without her, I still loved her character and getting to know her.
Echo..you are the riddle, wrapped in a mystery.You're hot, and full of secrets. You've got an interesting voice. Yet, as a romantic interest...you move to fast! That was my main issue with the romance. Obv, it's Insta-Attraction. But it was still fast to when they Kiss. After that I didn't feel as much development or their characters and relationship, something I totally love. So while that could've been showed more, I don't condemn them. They're gonna be so great in the next book!
The plot was MAGNIFIQUE! Secrets, logic, genius brains, smart problem solving, BETRAYAL, ack ack ack. YES. One thing I found really interesting was how she used Religious phrases/names as a Code. No, I'm not telling you anything else. But it was really neat how she did that without pinpointing any specific beliefs. Okay, so this was another great book full of adventure, futuristic bad-guys and some sweet romance. If you like all the above, this is a book for you! PLUS, it's a Clean Read!
WATCH THE AWESOME TRAILER:
Powered by Blogger.
According to the FTC guidelines I am required to state that I receive NO monetary or physical compensation for my work here. All books received in exchange for HONEST REVIEWS, that are FREE OF CHARGE. I receive no monetary value from all content that is provided on Book Haven Extraordinaire, unless otherwise stated.
- TRAILER REVEAL : Timeless!
- Giveaway ALERT: S&L 1000 Followers!
- Review: Dearly Departed
- Book Haul of SUH-WEET-NESS!
- Books That Didn't Hook Me
- Review: Shadow and Bone
- Giveaway Alert!
- On Tour w/So Into You: Review + Giveaway
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Poison
- Review: Phantom
- Review: Erasing Time
- On Tour w/A Life in the Service: Guest Post + Give...
- Meet Mackenzie, Little Sister & Guest Reviewer!
- Book Hauling it via Vlog #2
- Giveaway Spotlight:Squeaky Books Birthday Bash
- Cover Reveal: Abandon (Posession#3)
- On Tour w/Redemption Series Pt. 1: Blurb + Giveway...
- Review: Defiance
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Dualed
- Giveaway Spotlight: Bookshelf Cleanup @ Bookish!
- Review: For Darkness Shows The Stars
- Blurb Reveal w/Timeless & Giveaway
- On Tour w/Demons: Interview + Giveaway
- Book Haul in VLOG style!
- On tour w/Dreamwalker: Blurb + Giveaway!
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Breathe
- Review: Hidden
- Books That Didn't Hook Me
- Back in Business + Random Fun
- On Tour w/Erin: Guest Post + Giveaway
- Weekend Haitus Notice
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Let The Sky Fall
- On Tour w/Witch Born pt.1: Chapter Link-up + Swag ...
- Reading Clean: One RAD Giveaway!!
- On Tour w/Phillip Overton: Guest Post + Giveaway
- Random Reads September Pick
- Giveaways Galore....
- ▼ September (37)