Thursday, November 8, 2012
TEN by Gretchen McNeil
Published: 9.18.12 by Balthazar + Bray
Pages: 294
GOODREADS / PURCHASE
And their doom comes swiftly. It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives-an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends, Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school's most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine. Suddenly people are dying and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn't scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?

Watch The Trailer:
Inky's Blurbings:
Wow. Ten is for sure on unforgettable book. It was creepy, exciting, romantic and chilling all wrapped in on book! I really enjoyed this read. Meg was a very thoughtful observant girl. Which made her the perfect MC for this mystery. She pretty relatable and had good sense for the most part. ;) Except for when she didn't. I liked her and found her easy to understand and connect to, even though she wasn't being narrated in first person. She filled the role well and the novel was a great read through her eyes.

The set-up of the mystery and the world building was very well done. It gets moving pretty quick and from there it's all go and go till you drop. It had a great flow to the book in relation to pacing and storytelling. Yay! And for a person not knowing the story it was surprising and full of twists and turns. I don't know how much it's like the original, but for a mystery this was fantastic. It's literally a perfect Halloween read. I was reading this while the sun was shining and I still got the creeps.

The novel was built well, the mystery was enough to creep me out in the middle of the day and it all wrapped up to a crazy ending that I didn't see coming. Whoa. That's all I can say about this book! Lol. It's a short review for once, but hopefully a good one. 

Content: Moderate-due to language
(Lots of language: Bi***, He**, Da**, Deity,As*, F***, Sh**,bu**.  Innuendo, drinking, some kisses)
4 Stars- Awesome Sauce
(My tongue approves. This book rocked my ponytail. But not my socks.) 

Thoughts? Have you read this one? The original story? Do you want to read this book? Do you even like mystery? XOXO,


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I've been seeing this book everywhere, could be time to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked this book too!! I read it towards the end of October and I totally loved it! I don't normally read horror/thriller books, but this one was awesome. It was creepy and it kept me guessing the whole time!

    ReplyDelete

Heyo! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my awesome-sauce blog readers. You just made my day! I try to reply to every comment I get so if you have a question check back later! Or just link me up to your blog (if you have one) and I'll visit you! Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! <333 Inky

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews