Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Why? This is my ALL-TIME favorite book and I owe it to my dad for passing on the love. I wouldn't be the same person if he hadn't bribed me to read it when I was ten. Middle-Earth, after Sauron, is my dream vacation resort.
#2 Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Why? I loved the movie before I read the book, but as soon as I did read the book it got so much better. It's one of the best love stories and it just plain fun.
#3 Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmund Rostand Why? This book is one of my FAVORITE classics in the Whole. Wide. World. It was a comedic play and I just obsessed over it. It got me into writing comedy, even though this was of a different sort then one I wrote a book on. (find like on my About Me page)
#4 The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
Why? Yay! Another classic that I love and never ever want to forget. As with P&P I saw the movie long before I read the book. Reading the book for a book club though, I got better depth and the meanings behind the Pimpernel and had way too much fun reading it.
#5 The Secret Journal of Brett Colton by Kay Lynn Mangum
Why? This book is always going to have a VERY special place in my heart. It was one of the first books to make me cry (very few can) and it took me an emotional journey that I could connect with so well and fall in love with. It's also one of the only books I reread.
#6 Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Why? Holy. Crap. These books took me one of the BEST rides I have ever ridden. They surprised, shocked, delighted me and made want to never stop reading. It got me into High-Fantasy reads and I probably learned to many writing tools that I don't even notice.
#7 The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
Why? I'd have to say this is one of the earliest books I read when I was first getting into the YA genre as a pre-teen. It's magic and beauty just enthralled me, and to this day it is one of my Top 5 favorite books of all times. It's genius.
#8 So Not Happening by Jenny B. Jones
Why? It's a book like this that encouraged me to keep writing my own comedy. Honestly, this book was just UBER cute and fun to read! I laughed so much. It was one of those comfort reads.
#9 Defiance by C. J. Redwine
Why? Okay. This book doesn't have any sentimental value for me. It was a blast of a read that was nearly perfect in my mind and I suppose it's books like this, the ones that rock your world, that boost me and get me excited for keeping up my own writing so I can -hopefully- be published some day.
#10 Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Why? I totally have to say that this book rocked my world. It gave a fresh look at telling stories different ways, and let me notice that there is no right way to tell a stories! I could tell my stories with a cockney accent for all I care. But besides that, I LOVED IT. It gave me a ride of my life and I love it for that.
SO! Those are some of my all-time favorite reads. They all changed me, because obviously if I hadn't read them I'd be a deprived person, but as you saw, some of them helped me get eager about writing. Anyway, I'm done talking. I want to see what YOU think? What are some of the books you are thankful for? Link me to your Top Ten? Are you ready for TURKEY DAY? XOXO,
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- Book Blast: Keegan's Chronicles --> $100 GC Giveaw...
- "Hyperventilating on Wednesday": Life After Theft
- Announcing an ALL DECEMBER Event TAKEOVER!
- Book Blast: Crossroads Saga --> $100 GC Giveaway
- Review: Something Strange and Deadly
- Novel Thoughts Week 2 --> Fictional Worlds
- Book Haul --> 11/25: The Edelweiss Edition
- Review: Venom
- A HUGE THANK YOU POST OF AWESOMENESS EXTRAORDINAIR...
- "Hyperventilating on Wednesday" --> Another Little...
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books You're Thankful For
- Review: Origin
- Book Haul: 11/18/12 -> The EPIC Catch-Up Edition
- On Tour w/Undeadly: Promo + Giveaway
- Book Blitz: Miss Fortune Cookie
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- "Hyperventilating on Wednesday" --> Transparent
- On Tour w/The Salamander Stone: Guest Post+Excerpt...
- Bloggers: The Seven Deadly Sins Reincarnated
- Novel Thoughts #1 - Favorite Historicals
- ANNOUNCING...the All New Bombing Meme......
- DNF Review: Carnival of Souls
- The Author Spot: Emily Davenport + Guest Post
- Review: Ten
- "Hyperventilating on Wednesday" : The Ward
- One Tour w/Grace Doll: Top Tens
- Review: The Mark of Athena *Beware of GIFS*
- Cover Reveal: Pieces (The Breakaway #2)
- On Tour w/Infraction: Guest Post + Excerpt + Givea...
- Giveaway Galore Spotlight: Sparkles & Lightning Bl...
- BACK TO THE FUTURE GIVEAWAY HOP - Sign Up Now!!
- Review: The Hallowed Ones
- Random Announcements.
- Cover Reveal: Unresisting
- ▼ November (34)