Tuesday, November 6, 2012
by Rick Riordan
Published: 10.2.12 by Disney Hyperion
Goodreads / Purchase
Okay so it's been about a month since I read this and I've had plenty of time to spazz and get over the awesomeness off it. So now I'm going to attempt to put it into a review.......... But unfortunatly the only way I can see that really happening is via GIFS. So GIF WARNING, there are a bajillion in this post. If you hate them, don't read them. Oh and also, you might find some new word combinations. Ready? Go...
When I saw the beautiful thick book on the shelf I was all like....
I mean who doesn't freakout at the sight of a huge thick book? I LOVE big books and I can't lie. I'm sorry guys, but I just had to be honest. MEEP! Okay so I saw the book. Then I BOUGHT it. I can home and was totally like...........
The world has meaning again.
GUYS, I was HOLDING a 600+ page book with the title reading: "Mark of Athena". Hello Heaven. I'd waited for this book for a year. I was home. *sniff* So I read. And read. And fell in love with Percy all over again. He is PERFECTION. Percy. Can. Do. No. Wrong. He's gone through so much character development that it's just incredible to see how he's come through. AND THEN Rick throws out some more character development in there and just when you think Percy can't get any better...He DOES!! He's amazing and with Annabeth they are LEGIT EPIC. Honestly. I was like this during ever Percabeth moment.....
Pretend I'm Annabeth................
Percy was genius. Making Rick Riordain a genius for inventing him. It's a fact of life. A universal truth. Get it? Got it? Good. I love him to death. But then we get a new perspective in this book that we have been waiting for for about 7 WHOLE BOOKS.
ANNABETH!!Annabeth's has like this totally legit DNA code that is named: "Awesome-Sauce". Seriously. After waiting and waiting and sensing the awesome vibes coming from the girl we finally get it. And she is better than you think. I can't even think of descriptive words past EPIC. She is so strong in character, her thought process just bowls you over -sheesh girl you can THINK! -she's smart clever, funny and just so amazing. The character development that she goes through is incredible, and her quest is just made of EEEEEP! (Confession: It felt really short and almost too easy for Annabeth up till the end.) Seriously guys. Need i say more? I read so fast if only to get back to her chapters. I mean each chapter that had Annabeth's signo on it was like........
That leaves me with one more narrative voice to address....PIPER.
But there were some other notable awesome characters that I feel deserve a completely random GIF for their awesome-tasticalness. Namely: Reyna, Hazel, Ella, Frank -YO MAN!- Coach Hedge, and ARGO. I hereby dedicate this GIF to your memory:
The action in this book was full of fun, great moves, smart strategies, and just epic demigods. I don't really think I have to say that it was another AWESOME plot full of reveleations, secrets, and Monsters. Not to mentions schizophrenic Olympians. Yikes! Other than the fact that the style seemed to start following that traditional pattern, I have to rock on to this FANTASTICAL story.
If you haven't been picking up the awesome vibes I've been sending your way, now's a good time to do that. I only have one topic left and it's the ending. Once again Riordan has
CURSED given us another HORRIBLE shocking ending. Allow me to demonstrate.......
|My first reaction|
When the reality of the situation sunk in.....................
Trying to convince myself it didn't really happen.............
The very logical conclusion I finally ended on.....
I'm not going into detail because I try to keep my reviews Spoiler Free. Hence the GIFS, only way to share that. Just ****SOBBBBBBB*** My system has been thoroughly cleansed. I think. All I can do now is try and keep calm while I wait for HOUSE OF HADES next ---FREAKING--- October. GAH.
(I consider it clean but there is some swearing on Olympian gods, and PERCABETH kisses! Maybe a light innuendo once or twice)
When 5 Stars are NOT ENOUGH.
You may be wondering why after all that sobbing, and piper hating, I'm rewarding this book so well. Honestly guys, even though the ending pretty much tore up my guts and threw them out the window, I have rarely felt SO many emotions and had such a ride before. It was PURE genius. In conclusion I leave you with one more GIF....
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- Book Blast: Keegan's Chronicles --> $100 GC Giveaw...
- "Hyperventilating on Wednesday": Life After Theft
- Announcing an ALL DECEMBER Event TAKEOVER!
- Book Blast: Crossroads Saga --> $100 GC Giveaway
- Review: Something Strange and Deadly
- Novel Thoughts Week 2 --> Fictional Worlds
- Book Haul --> 11/25: The Edelweiss Edition
- Review: Venom
- A HUGE THANK YOU POST OF AWESOMENESS EXTRAORDINAIR...
- "Hyperventilating on Wednesday" --> Another Little...
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books You're Thankful For
- Review: Origin
- Book Haul: 11/18/12 -> The EPIC Catch-Up Edition
- On Tour w/Undeadly: Promo + Giveaway
- Book Blitz: Miss Fortune Cookie
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- "Hyperventilating on Wednesday" --> Transparent
- On Tour w/The Salamander Stone: Guest Post+Excerpt...
- Bloggers: The Seven Deadly Sins Reincarnated
- Novel Thoughts #1 - Favorite Historicals
- ANNOUNCING...the All New Bombing Meme......
- DNF Review: Carnival of Souls
- The Author Spot: Emily Davenport + Guest Post
- Review: Ten
- "Hyperventilating on Wednesday" : The Ward
- One Tour w/Grace Doll: Top Tens
- Review: The Mark of Athena *Beware of GIFS*
- Cover Reveal: Pieces (The Breakaway #2)
- On Tour w/Infraction: Guest Post + Excerpt + Givea...
- Giveaway Galore Spotlight: Sparkles & Lightning Bl...
- BACK TO THE FUTURE GIVEAWAY HOP - Sign Up Now!!
- Review: The Hallowed Ones
- Random Announcements.
- Cover Reveal: Unresisting
- ▼ November (34)