Tuesday, July 3, 2012
*ARC Galley received from Publisher for honest review
Inky's Blurbings:THIS BOOK WILL ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF. I got it on Netgalley and it BLEW MY MIND! I read it in a day. My mom kept trying to get me off the computer but I couldn't stop! ACK! I loved it! The characters and narrative voices, EVERYTHING!! I'm in a dream haze! IT WAS EPICTASTIC! If you have an ARC of this book, GO. READ. IT. NOW. If you don't have this book early, start saving your money or GO PRE-ORDER!
Okay now that the fan-girling is over onto the real review. It was amazing, we've already established that fact. I loved how well it was told! The narrations were very well done, especially for being told in 3rd. In some of my reviews I've mentioned that I prefer 1st, but this was very impressive! And yes there are multiple POVS. Mostly from Celaena, but also from two of the guys. It was all so awesome. Snarky and funny comments provided quite a few laughs. I loved it!
As I was reading the novel I found scenes that reminded me of fairy-tales. I was kinda just like "Oh that's neat..." but then after I finished the book I read this review that said it was lightly based off of Cinderella. That was really nicely woven in. But I could also see a few little things from other fairy-tales. Another great plus! There is mystery-magic twist that felt a little bit out of place, but I'm guessing it's going to lead into something bigger and amazing in the next book so I think I could forgive that. But still a little awkward.
The romance...I'm honestly standing right in the middle. I'm totally in love with Chaol. But I also love the Prince. (Yes, he does have a name, but I've forgot) So I'm still not sure who I'm rooting for. Probably Chaol. Either way she gives you a cliff-hanger and now I NEED BOOK TWO! Overall it was AMAZING and I highly recommend you get your hands on this book AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT! Which would be in a month!
Content: Mild [D*** word throughout, not heavy. B**** a couple times, He** a couple times. A couple instances of innuendo. Mention of women's "moon time".]
Have you read an ARC of this?
What did you think?
This review is 100% from Inky's brain
Use of this review w/out consent is prohibited.
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- Promo Blitz w/Destiny Unveiled: Excerpt + Giveaway...
- On The Spot w/Linny's Lit
- Giveaways Galore......
- "Hyperventilating" on Two & Twenty
- Vacation Notice + Lizzie Bennett
- On Tour w/Dark Genesis: Excerpt
- Versatile Blogger Award
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Mind Games
- Anniversary w/Taken by Storm: Sneak Peek!
- On Tour w/Fall For You: Review + Giveaway
- The Author Spot w/Jody Gehram: Interview + Giveawa...
- On Tour w/The Secret of Vanmars: Interview
- Book Hauling
- On The Spot: Krista @ Nawanda Files
- Giveaways Galore...
- Blog Designing Help
- Feature & Follow Friday #4
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Falling Kingdoms
- Bloggish Stuff: MIA+Hauls
- On Tour w/Wings of Hope: Interview
- Bookish Birthday Party: The Carny
- Cover Dazed
- Feature & Follow Friday #3
- ARC Review: So Close to You
- It's a Book! It's Plane! It's a COVER REVEAL!
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: The Dark Unwinding
- On Tour w/Silent Song: Interview + Review + Giveaw...
- ARC Review: Throne of Glass
- I'm So Fabulous I Got An Award!
- Random Reads: July Pick
- The Author Spot: A. J. Scudiere
- The Inkinator's Return + Giveaway Winners
- ▼ July (32)