Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

Two & Twenty Dark Tales
In this anthology, 20 authors explore the dark and hidden meanings behind some of the most beloved Mother Goose nursery rhymes through short story retellings. The dark twists on classic tales range from exploring whether Jack truly fell or if Jill pushed him instead to why Humpty Dumpty, fragile and alone, sat atop so high of a wall.

Why I'm Waiting:
Yes yes I know. I'm waiting on an anthology of all things. And I like NEVER read anthologies. So why in the world do I care about this one? *ahem*

...........dark and hidden meanings behind some of the most beloved Mother Goose nursery rhymes................dark twists on classic tales.................

I mean don't you totally want to know if Jack has an evil twin? I love re-tellings of fairy-tales. Especially ones similar to the originals. I know it's weird, but I like to see the darker sides. It's more interesting than just cupcakes and smiley-faces! Give me the grit and the intrigue. So, Mother Goose plus the Dark Side (don't forget the cookies) seems like an equation for AWESOME-SAUCE. Don't you agree?

And that is why I'm eagerly hyperventilating for Two And Twenty Dark Tales. 
What are YOU waiting on? 
Link me up!






13 comments:

  1. Ohh this sounds really interesting. Anthologies tend to frustrate me a lot. Most of them have all these amazing stories but no solid closure. Thanks for sharing!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly ever read anthologies, so I hope this one will live up to expectations!

      Delete
  2. I love anthologies. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. I only ever buy anthologies if I'm after a particular story - then i rarely bother to read the other stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this the other day, maybe on Netgalley, and thought it sounded great too!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I totally snapped it up when I saw it. I just have been so busy and on vaca that I"m still waiting to read it!

      Delete
  5. This sounds great. It's on netgalley!! Yep, I nabbed a galley and can't wait to read it!

    Here'sMy Wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I know right? I got it but I've not been able to read it yet. Sadness!

      Delete
  6. I totally agree! I love re-tellings! Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's definitely fun to get out of your reading comfort zone every once in a while. This does sound pretty twisted. Make sure you tell us if Jack has an evil twin!

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow Jenna! Yes I totally agree. Sometimes the more you read one kind of thing I think you start noticing cliches more and not appreciating the books as much. It's probably happened to me plenty of times. Following back!

      Delete

Heyo! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my awesome-sauce blog readers. You just made my day! I try to reply to every comment I get so if you have a question check back later! Or just link me up to your blog (if you have one) and I'll visit you! Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! <333 Inky

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews