Saturday, June 2, 2012
Grab My Button
Today the lovely Mackenzie from Oh For The Love Of Books steps into the spotlight for an interview! Thanks for stopping by! Besides reading Mackenzie can be found watching TV, socializing, and shopping! Can't go wrong there!

Welcome Mackenzie!

M&M's Or Skittles?
Definitely M&M's! Mmmmm....choooooocolate.

Besides a love of books what made you want to share your reviews w/others?
I can be very opinionated and I want to help others make good choices when picking out a book. Books cost money and I know how much of a pain it is to waste money on a book you end up not liking. So, by reviewing them, I allow others to see if they'll like it based on characters/plot/pacing etc. Sometimes something I like another person may not and vice versa so my reviews allow them to figure it out for themselves!

Most excited books to read this year?
waaaaay to many to count! But I'll give you a few:
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Defiance by C.J. Redwine

Favorite Books and Authors?
Harry Potter is by far the best series ever. There really is no denying it. Another favorite of mine were Tamora Pierce's Tortall series. Love, love, LOVE this series! This is one I could re-read over and over again. This got me addicted to fantasy novels and kick-butt heroines!

Favorite Color?
Emerald! It’s also my birthstone.

When did you start really reading a lot?
I know most people will say “I’ve read ever since I was a kid!”. For me, I didn’t start reading till…about a year ago I think. My sister and brother were always the readers and my sister used to bug me constantly about reading. However, since she wanted me to, I automatically disliked it  Not the best excuse in the world but oh well! She was quite…persistent? No, just down right annoying and it really turned me off. How I regret it though! So, once she left for college, and once I got my Kindle, I started reading a lot more and turned out loving it!

Favorite Book Genre to read?
So many! But if I had to pick one, I think I’d go with fantasy. I love getting immersed in a new world where anything is possible!

Are you more inclined to check out books or buy them?
It really depends. I don’t have that much money but I do love to buy books. However, I only buy books that I think I’ll really like and have heard almost nothing but good reviews about. If I’m kind of iffy on a book I normally borrow it from a library.

Favorite fictional crush?
Are you really going to make me pick?!?! :P

If you could have any superpower what would it be?
Super-speed! No, super strength! Scratch that. Flight! Ugh……to hard to choose!!!

If you designed your own fortune cookie what would it say?
“You are awesome”

Could you say that reviewing from a bloggers perspective has changed how you think about books?
Actually yes! I’ve gotten a bit more analytical (and critical) while reading. I focus a lot more on the depth of the story rather than just the surface.

Favorite thing so far about book blogging?
Meeting new people! It’s so much fun to get to know other bloggers!

If you could change one thing about your blog what would it be?
Hm….I’d have to say I would like to add more humor to my reviews. I’m actually naturally funny and sarcastic but for some reason, I have a hard time putting that in my reviews! Weird, but something I’ll work on.

How did you come up with your current blog title?
This is weird. I didn’t really have an epiphany while reading or anything. Nope, I was walking my dog when the name came to me. Don’t ask me what made it pop in my mind!

It was so fun to have you over Mackenzie! Keep up your great blogging! Make sure you all visit her awesomeness!








0 comments:

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews