Saturday, June 2, 2012

Guys, it's time for the June Random Read pick! I joined this meme hosted by I'm Loving Books last month and had a blast. May's Random Read was Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder and you can find my review HERE. Random Reads is a meme hosted "in honor of the books who always get picked last". Essentially you randomly pick a book from you to-reads list and then read it that month.

Want to Join? Here's How:
It’s easy…
  1. If you’re on Goodreads enable sorting to your to-read shelf (you should see numbers next to each book now).
  2. Go to Random.org and type in the Min as 1 and the Max as how many ever books are on your to-read shelf.
  3. Scroll down to the book matching the number Random.org picks.
  4. Link up to your Random Reads post (June's post HERE)
  5. Read and be merry.
And now, my random  read for this month is................*drumroll*.....




Songbird Under A German Moon by Tricia Goyer
#407 of 1746

The year is 1945. The war is over and 21-year-old Betty Lake has been invited to Europe to sing in a USO tour for American soldiers who now occupy Hitler?'s Germany. The first night?'s performance is a hit. Betty becomes enthralledwith the applause, the former Nazi-held mansion they re housed in and the attention of Frank Witt, the US Army Signal Corp Photographer. Yet the next night this songbird is ready to fly the coop when Betty?'s dear friend, Kat, turns up missing. Betty soon realizes Frank?'s photographs could be the key to finding Kat. Betty and Frank team up against post-war Nazi influences and the two lovebirds hearts may find the answers...in each other. But will they have a chance for their romance to sing? The truth will be revealed under a German moon.


Wow. Doesn't that look good? Sure does to me! I have read some Tricia Goyer and just love her books. She writes lots of historical book with rich history and portrayal. So good. I highly recommend checking her out if you haven't before. Looks like I'll be having fun this month! 

Are you participating in Random Reads? If so, what is your pick? 

1 comment:

  1. I love the cover!! And the story sounds good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Heyo! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my awesome-sauce blog readers. You just made my day! I try to reply to every comment I get so if you have a question check back later! Or just link me up to your blog (if you have one) and I'll visit you! Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! <333 Inky

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews