Monday, June 11, 2012
Author: Branden Sanderson
Series: Mistborn #2
Published: 8. 21. 07 by Tom Doherty/Tor Fantasy
add to your Goodreads
They did the impossible, deposing the godlike being whose brutal rule had lasted a thousand years. Now Vin, the street urchin who has grown into the most powerful Mistborn in the land, and Elend Venture, the idealistic young nobleman who loves her, must build a healthy new society in the ashes of an empire.
They have barely begun when three separate armies attack. As the siege tightens, an ancient legend seems to offer a glimmer of hope. But even if it really exists, no one knows where to find the Well of Ascension or what manner of power it bestows. It may just be that killing the Lord Ruler was the easy part. Surviving the aftermath of his fall is going to be the real challenge.
Once again Branden Sanderson has stuck me in an AFTER-SHOCK of AWESOMENESS. Eeep! Wow. Honestly, truth be told, when I first started this book it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It wasn't living up to the first book but then it happened. Bombs started getting dropped and it got good. The last 200 pages or so were INCREDIBLE. Oh man.
This is told from multiple narratives. I loved how well they bended and were all unique, giving a really great depth into the story from all the different aspects. I think that really added and made it all the more shocking and amazing. I LOVE VIN. She is like the bomb. Of course you're supposed to love Vin and it's hard not to. She goes through some amazing character development that continued from book one, so do the other characters. It's just amazing the Branden is capable of such a thing.
Elend and Vin have got to have the best fictional romance EVER. Honestly I'm in love with them. In this book they are seriously tested but come out strong and I just love them to death.
Shocking secrets totally blew me away. Branden is so good at taking little itty bitty things and blowing them up. This book didn't go where I thought it would when I first started it. It was a SERIOUSLY CRAZY ride. But I loved all 700 pages of it.
So once again I've been wowed and thrilled by a super-duper exciting, nail-bitting trilogy. I'm starting book three, Hero of Ages ASAP!
(Some language(D***, He**, Bloody, swearing on the Lord Ruler/gods). Mention of evil things such as men having many mistresses. Violence and action. Somewhat gory descriptions in places.)
them the next day so nothing happens ) Violence. Somewhat specific details a few times.
Read My Review of The First Book!
This review is 100% from Inky's brain.
Use of this review w/out consent is prohibited.
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- The Author Spot: Susan Spence
- On Tour w/Charlie's Girl: Review
- I've hit Eleventy-One and Other News + Giveaway
- Book Hauling
- Review: Cloaked
- Liebster Veteran
- On the Spot: Annabelle @ Sparkles & Lightning
- Feature & Follow Friday #2
- Feeling Boundless
- I'm a Liebster Blog!
- PSST! Guys! It's my first guest post and interview...
- Books A True Story Blogoversary
- Chickens On My Mind
- Everbound has a Cover!
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Crewel
- Review: Masque of the Red Death
- Giveaways Galore..
- 100 Followers! EEEP!
- The Haul
- Promo w/Dark Seraphine: Cover Reveal+Excerpt
- Promo w/Dead Radiance: Cover Reveal + Sneak Peek
- Feature & Follow Friday #1
- Pirates On My Mind
- On the Spot w/Nick @ Nick's Book Blog
- Giveaways Galore..
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Ironskin
- Review: The Well of Ascension
- E-Hauling It
- Want's Bookish Birthday Party!
- Giveaways Galore...
- Wanna Swipe Some Signed Swag? (GIVEAWAY)
- On Tour w/The River Runes: Interview + Excerpt + G...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Defiance
- Reunited Trailer Time
- Book Hauling it!
- Review: The Final Empire
- On the Spot: Mackenzie @ Oh For the Love of Books
- Random Reads June Pick
- ▼ June (39)