Sunday, June 24, 2012
Welcome to my Pit Stop on the Charlie's Girl Tour! Hope You Enjoy!
Fourteen-year-old Rosalind has always been a foster girl without a past, until she’s sent to live with a long-lost grandmother in a house full of memories—and secrets. Soon Rosalind discovers that there’s more to her family history than she ever dreamed. Set in 1960s South Carolina, this unforgettable story of family, friendship, and faith is perfect for readers of all ages.
Goodreads / Facebook / Website
About The Authors
Mary-Helen Foxx retired in 2009 after a long career in public education with the Peoria Unified School District where she worked primarily in library services and IT. She has written widely on genealogical topics and has authored four books on the histories of prominent Southern families. Mary-Helen was also a contributing editor for three years with “Georgia Genealogical Magazine” and has won awards for her writing.
Daniel is Professor Emeritus of History at Ottawa University in Phoenix and has been published in various academic and historical journals. He is the author ofI Only Laugh When It Hurts (Reissued by Pelican Publishing Company, Gretna, LA, 2009). His latest book, Nathan Bedford Forrest: In Search of the Enigmawith Eddy W. Davison (Pelican, 2007) was a National Book Awards nominee, received the 2008 Arizona Book Award for biography, and was finalist for the 2008 Independent Book Publishers Association Benjamin Franklin Award.
I have a confession to make. I'm still reading this book. But it's really great! I'm glad I was able to get a copy for review on tour. This is a really sweet story. Rosalind comes to live with a new family after a hard past and being jostled around. She doesn't know who she is. She's trying to figure out who she is.
It's a sweet contemporary set in a historical setting. I love it so far! The writing is sweet and pretty easy to follow. It can be a bit descriptive, but I haven't found it overwhelming. It's delightful and lovely. I can't wait to see where this story continues to go.
All in all, I will recommend this! Look for full review to come!
Thanks for stopping by!
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- The Author Spot: Susan Spence
- On Tour w/Charlie's Girl: Review
- I've hit Eleventy-One and Other News + Giveaway
- Book Hauling
- Review: Cloaked
- Liebster Veteran
- On the Spot: Annabelle @ Sparkles & Lightning
- Feature & Follow Friday #2
- Feeling Boundless
- I'm a Liebster Blog!
- PSST! Guys! It's my first guest post and interview...
- Books A True Story Blogoversary
- Chickens On My Mind
- Everbound has a Cover!
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: Crewel
- Review: Masque of the Red Death
- Giveaways Galore..
- 100 Followers! EEEP!
- The Haul
- Promo w/Dark Seraphine: Cover Reveal+Excerpt
- Promo w/Dead Radiance: Cover Reveal + Sneak Peek
- Feature & Follow Friday #1
- Pirates On My Mind
- On the Spot w/Nick @ Nick's Book Blog
- Giveaways Galore..
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Ironskin
- Review: The Well of Ascension
- E-Hauling It
- Want's Bookish Birthday Party!
- Giveaways Galore...
- Wanna Swipe Some Signed Swag? (GIVEAWAY)
- On Tour w/The River Runes: Interview + Excerpt + G...
- "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday: Defiance
- Reunited Trailer Time
- Book Hauling it!
- Review: The Final Empire
- On the Spot: Mackenzie @ Oh For the Love of Books
- Random Reads June Pick
- ▼ June (39)