Saturday, April 21, 2012
Author: Jenny B. Jones
Series: Katie Parker Production Trilogy
Publisher: NavPress
Published: 4. 15. 07
Pages: 352
Rating: 5/5 Stars
SummaryUnlike most kids, teenage Katie Parker never got a fair shot at a normal life. With a mother in jail and a missing-in-action dad, she's never known what it's like to truly be loved. Low on options and family members, she's soon shipped off to a foster home. Now in an unfamiliar town, Katie's rebellious attitude is at odds with her new family, school, and classmates. And after falling in with all the wrong people at school, things go from bad to really bad after she takes the blame for vandalizing the local performing arts theater. But in the midst of a dark situation, Katie finds light in the most unexpected places: through her new friendship with an eccentric senior, the commitment of her foster family, and a tragic secret that changed them forever. And as she inches closer to acceptance and forgiveness, she finds that God has been there all along. 


The Book In Three Words: Hilarious, Enjoyable, Loveable


My Thoughts: I love books like this. Fun contemporary by one of my favorite authors. This is a Christian Fiction for teens. Some people like to know that up front before reading a book. 


I LOVE Jenny B. Jones. Anything Jenny writes I'm bound to love. She has this touch with writing comedy. She can just hook you in. I read her Charmed Life Trilogy before I read these. I fell in love with Charmed Life. (if you didn't already get that from my raving reviews of those books on here) Every single book just made me Laugh out Loud and have a great time enjoying a fun, fresh story. Same with Katie Parker. This is an LOL book! 

I loved Katie's character. She's struggling at the beginning to deal with family problems and adjusting to a new foster home and fitting in, but right from the start her humor side is present. As she grows throughout the story, discovering herself along the way it's just so fun to be with her. All the other characters were well presented and developed. Take Mad Maxine, Katie's foster grandma. She is like my favorite of the whole book! Totally bizarre but so great. 



Also I will not that there is no romance in this book. There are hints to be dropped that it will come in the next books, but none in this one. This is one book you won't want to stop reading till you're done. A road trip you will want to take.The development of characters and plot as they change and progress is so great. It flows and leaves you excited to read about Katie's next adventures. Highly recommended as a sweet, fun clean read. 

In One Sentence: I Loved It!

Content: Clean Read!


This review is 100% from Inky's brain, and use of this review without consent is prohibited. 

2 comments:

  1. I love LOL books! I've added this to my to-read on goodreads. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything by Jenny Jones is fabulous. Make sure you try her Charmed Life trilogy.

    ReplyDelete

Heyo! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my awesome-sauce blog readers. You just made my day! I try to reply to every comment I get so if you have a question check back later! Or just link me up to your blog (if you have one) and I'll visit you! Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! <333 Inky

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews