Monday, April 23, 2012
Author: Aprilynne Pike
Series: Wings Quartet
Publisher: Harper Teen
Released: 5. 1. 09
Pages: 294
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Summary: Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful--too beautiful for words. Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings. In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.


My Thoughts: I read this a couple summers ago I remember really enjoying this fresh take on faeries. I honestly can't remember all my thoughts about it but it was engaging and enjoyable, a quick light read. Not to dark at all. The plot was interesting and leaves you ready for book two, Spells. 


Laurel, the main character was well plotted and portrayed. I remember being able to understand her confusion and feelings throughout the book, something that find find really increases how much I like the book. The main love interest, David is one that I loved. He was a great guy and one that you want to route for. However, I found that he was suffering from Second Book Syndrome a little in book two and there. More on that in later review. 


If you are looking for a light summer read or just a fun book to curl up with, this is for sure one that you should consider. 


Content: Mild
((a few light instances of language. One time of the S-word. a reference to Faery sex. some kissing. ))


This review is 100% from Inky's brain, and use of this review without consent is prohibited. 

2 comments:

  1. I just went to add this to my to-reads and saw it was already there. Uuhhh my to-read list is getting a bit too long. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I think mine is already past 1500 books!

    ReplyDelete

Heyo! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my awesome-sauce blog readers. You just made my day! I try to reply to every comment I get so if you have a question check back later! Or just link me up to your blog (if you have one) and I'll visit you! Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! <333 Inky

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews