Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Welcome to the Book Birthday Party celebrating the release of Thorn by Intisar Khanani!
Author: Intisar Khanani
Genre: YA Fantasy
Princess Alyrra’s strength lies in silence. Scorned by her family, she avoids the court, spending her time with servants. When her marriage is unexpectedly arranged with the prince of a powerful neighboring kingdom, Alyrra feels trapped. As the court celebrates her match, dark rumors spread about the unexplained deaths of the women of her new family. Alyrra begins her journey with mounting trepidation. Betrayed while traveling, she seizes an opportunity to start a life away from court.
Walking away from a prince whom she doesn’t know should have been easy. But from the moment she sets eyes on him, Alyrra realizes that her freedom could cost him his life. Without any magical defense of her own, she is plunged into a lethal game of sorcery and deceit. Now Alyrra must decide whom she can trust and what she’s willing to fight for—before her silence proves fatal.
Intisar Khanani grew up a nomad and traveler. Born in Wisconsin, she has lived in five different states as well as in Jeddah on the coast of the Red Sea. She first remembers seeing snow on a wintry street in Zurich, Switzerland, and vaguely recollects having breakfast with the orangutans at the Singapore Zoo when she was five. She now resides in Cincinnati, Ohio, with her husband and young daughter. Intisar writes grants and develops projects to address community health with the Cincinnati Health Department, which is as close as she can get to saving the world. Her approach to writing fantasy reflects her lifelong passion for stories from different cultures. She is currently writing a trilogy set in the same world as Thorn. This is her first novel.
Celebrating the release of Thorn we have a $20 GC to Amazon up for grabs! I have one rule: Please be 13 or older to enter
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- On Tour With The Warlock (Pt.2) --> Review & Snea...
- ARC Review: Glamorous Illusion
- On Tour With The Warlock (Pt.1) : Interview + Give...
- Waiting "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday
- Bookish Birthday Party!
- Teaser Tuesday: The Serpent's Shadow
- Review: Blood Red Road
- Giveaways Galore...
- Memes on Wednesday
- Supernatural Encounter Gone Wack-O
- Review: At Face Value
- Teaser Tuesday: The Final Empire
- Giveaways Galore
- Read-A-Thon Recap
- Review: Touch of Power
- It's a Super Sweet Makeover!
- Hey-O! Hope you had a great week in books! I ...
- Teaser Thursday: Touch of Power
- Review: Belles
- Review: Dark Mirror
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: My Super Sweet Sixt...
- Top Ten Tuesday -TV Show Special
- The Shady Glade: The Great Linking Weekend Giveawa...
- Read-A-Thon @ Bout of Books!
- Review: Legend
- Giveaways Galore..
- Blogger Interview: Lauren @ Epilogue
- Voice of the People
- Book Haul #2 -w/a bit of hyperventilating
- Review: On The Loose
- Procrastination Wednesday
- Giveaway Galore!
- Teaser Tuesday: The Big Picture
- It's My.....
- Book Haul #1
- Review: Insurgent
- Giveaways Galore...
- Weigh In Wednesday
- Waiting on Wednesday: My Life In Black and White
- Teaser Tuesday: Ruby Red
- Random Reads May Edition
- ▼ May (42)