Thursday, May 10, 2012
Yeah, I know it's not Wednesday anymore. But what can I say? I've got this Procrastination thing down. Okay, yeah hectic life already.  So I owe a 'Waiting on Wednesday' and a 'Weigh In Wednesday', so here goes!




Gilt by Katherine Longshore
Series: The Royal Circle #1
Release Date: May 15, 2012 by Viking Juvenile

When Kitty Tylney's best friend, Catherine Howard, worms her way into King Henry VIII's heart and brings Kitty to court, she's thrust into a world filled with fabulous gowns, sparkling jewels, and elegant parties. No longer stuck in Cat's shadow, Kitty's now caught between two men--the object of her affection and the object of her desire. But court is also full of secrets, lies, and sordid affairs, and as Kitty witnesses Cat's meteoric rise and fall as queen, she must figure out how to keep being a good friend when the price of telling the truth could literally be her head.


UM, HELLO EPICNESS! Does not this book look supremely delicious?! I Love YA Historical Novels and this one just Fits the Bill right on! this book comes out next Tuesday, YAY, and I can't wait to get my hands on this luscious looking novel. And better? I'm studying Medieval/Rennasaince History in England at the moment! I LOVE English history with all the drama-rama-ness and this book looks fabuloustictastic. (fabulous+magic+fantastic) Intrigue GALOREK, Like I'm seriously dying for all these Intrigue books this year! Between this book and VENOM by Fiona Paul, I. CAN'T. STAND. IT

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine and features books we are eagerly anticipating (er, in my case, hyperventilating about)!

~~



Today's Topic: Contemporary vs. Fantasy

My Answer: Today I'm gonna have to go with Contemporary. I love both genres. But I have read a lot more contemporary lately than Fantasy so it's really grown on me. As a pre-teen I LOVED fantasy. I snagged every princess book I could find, every magical fantastical book that caught my eye. But now that I'm a teen, reading more contemporary YA has really attracted me. It's really beautiful getting a more realistic teen feel. Some of the topics are harder but so beautiful. I just love a good realistic stubble with no added supernatural twist in it. So I'm going with Contemp. There are also some fabulous books from both genres releasing this year! YAY! I'm especially looking forward to Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass in the fantasy genre!

What would you pick? Are you a Fantasy or Contemp person?

Weigh In Wednesday is hosted by Lauren @ Epilogue Reviews

0 comments:

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews