Sunday, May 13, 2012

Author: Marie Lu
Published: 11.29.11by Putnam
Pages: 305
Rating: 5/5 Stars

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic’s wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic’s highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country’s most wanted criminal. From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June’s brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family’s survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias’s death. 

My Thoughts: Incredible. I've really grown to love dystopian and this was another great addition to the genre. There's been a lot of fabulous blurb for this book in the 6 months since it was released and it's totally worth it! Full of action, suspense and romance this one one you will not want to pass over. 


I loved Marie's writing style. It was beautiful and really great. The transition from the two different points of view was wonderful and I felt that wasn't to much to find lacking. Sometimes I'll get really annoyed if small itty bitty plot line points get skipped over, but Marie kept up pretty well with it all so I was happy.  I really liked the main characters June and Day for who they were and their flaws. I felt that the character development was well done. I guess I didn't really stop reading long enough to ponder the book in depth more. The romance was nice but a little lacking. I wanted more moments with them so they could get to know themselves better. But I will really liked them.


I was surprised that a few things actually happened in the plot and the whole thing was interesting. Kept me up to 11:45pm reading! Overall a very enjoyable, exciting read and I can't wait for Prodigy to be released next year.

Content: Mild
((a few instances of swearing, one time of innuendo, kissing.))

Have you read Legend? What did you think?







1 comment:

  1. Yay I'm glad you enjoyed this! I really liked the plot and June and Day were great characters I loved how the POV switches were written! Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete

Heyo! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my awesome-sauce blog readers. You just made my day! I try to reply to every comment I get so if you have a question check back later! Or just link me up to your blog (if you have one) and I'll visit you! Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! <333 Inky

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews