Thursday, May 31, 2012
Series: Grand Tour #1
Published: June 1st by David C. Cook
When Cora Kensington learns she is the illegitimate daughter of a copper king, her life changes forever. Even as she explores Europe with her new family, she discovers that the most valuable journey is within. The first book in the Grand Tour series takes you from the farms of Montana through England and France on an adventure of forgiveness, spiritual awakening, and self-discovery.
In One Word: GLAMOROUS!
Inky's Blurb: Oh. Wow. It's been so amazing to read this book. I was so excited to get this on NetGalley as a pre-ready. But for all you eager readers of this book don't worry, it's comes out this weekend!
I love anything by Lisa T. Bergren. She's got this style of writing that just draws you into the story. she can shape characters almost to perfection. They are lovable, and some are VERY crush worthy. This was that case with Glamorous Illusions as well. Cora was a lovely and independent MC and I appreciated the development in her background.
One of the very interesting things I found in this book was the way the narration took place. You read Cora's POV in 1st person of course since she is the sole character. But there are some scenes where you get a different POV told in 3rd person. I've heard of this happening in some books but it's still very interesting to read.
I love the side cast of characters. The glamorous families and rich lords, to the low servants. I thought there was some great diversity among them. I love the to potential love interests. Pierre is the light hearted flirtatious Frenchmen while Will is the strong, handsome Tour Guide. I really can't wait to see what will happen with Cora and these two in the next book.
It was a very enjoyable story with a rich historical background woven in! I'm so ready for the second book in the Grand Tour Series to see how it continues. Very much in love with Cora's story right now. I highly approve of this latest masterpiece by Lisa T. Bergren.
A copy was received from publisher for an honest review.
Have you read any of Lisa's books? What did you think? I'd love to hear!
This review is 10% from Inky's brain.
Use of this review w/out consent is prohibited.
Powered by Blogger.
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (127)
- On Tour With The Warlock (Pt.2) --> Review & Snea...
- ARC Review: Glamorous Illusion
- On Tour With The Warlock (Pt.1) : Interview + Give...
- Waiting "Hyperventilating" on Wednesday
- Bookish Birthday Party!
- Teaser Tuesday: The Serpent's Shadow
- Review: Blood Red Road
- Giveaways Galore...
- Memes on Wednesday
- Supernatural Encounter Gone Wack-O
- Review: At Face Value
- Teaser Tuesday: The Final Empire
- Giveaways Galore
- Read-A-Thon Recap
- Review: Touch of Power
- It's a Super Sweet Makeover!
- Hey-O! Hope you had a great week in books! I ...
- Teaser Thursday: Touch of Power
- Review: Belles
- Review: Dark Mirror
- Hyperventilating on Wednesday: My Super Sweet Sixt...
- Top Ten Tuesday -TV Show Special
- The Shady Glade: The Great Linking Weekend Giveawa...
- Read-A-Thon @ Bout of Books!
- Review: Legend
- Giveaways Galore..
- Blogger Interview: Lauren @ Epilogue
- Voice of the People
- Book Haul #2 -w/a bit of hyperventilating
- Review: On The Loose
- Procrastination Wednesday
- Giveaway Galore!
- Teaser Tuesday: The Big Picture
- It's My.....
- Book Haul #1
- Review: Insurgent
- Giveaways Galore...
- Weigh In Wednesday
- Waiting on Wednesday: My Life In Black and White
- Teaser Tuesday: Ruby Red
- Random Reads May Edition
- ▼ May (42)